Answered

Qualifying for SoundCloud Premier

• 10 October 2018
  • 17 replies

Hey, i'm being told I don't qualify for SoundCloud premier monetization when i try and sign up. Can you advise why this is? Some of my friends run much smaller record labels than mine and have been able to sign up successfully.

What are the requirements? Bare in mind i've already successfully monetised some tracks through the 3rd party repost network. I would of thought I would of been a good candidate to do this through soundcloud as I own the rights to everything I upload.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Navid 12 October 2018, 15:57

Hey there! In order to qualify for SoundCloud Premier you must be an independent creator and a Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber. We’re starting out by inviting creators with 5,000 plays in the past month (from SoundCloud monetized countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand), then scaling over time to as many creators as possible. So we recommend you keep creating and promoting your original content, and engaging with your fans in the process. Keep in mind that you cannot have any copyright strikes tied to your account if you want to be eligible for Premier. You’ll receive an email and in-product notification once you’re in.

Stay tuned for more details as we continue to expand!

Cheers,
Navid
View original

17 replies

Hey, i'm being told I don't qualify for SoundCloud premier monetization when i try and sign up. Can you advise why this is? Some of my friends run much smaller record labels than mine and have been able to sign up successfully.

What are the requirements? Bare in mind i've already successfully monetised some tracks through the 3rd party repost network. I would of thought I would of been a good candidate to do this through soundcloud as I own the rights to everything I upload.

Thanks

Wait wait wait do u mean I require 5000 soundcloud followers in order to do this and therefore these followers have to come from eligible countries such as UK USA and so on
I was wondering the same thing. It's ridiculous the 'minimum' is this high. Even with 10,000's of plays still "You dont yet Quality". Im really hoping they will fix this.
Yeah,

this is really annoying. I'm not even that interested in the money. I just want to get my music on Spotify etc.

I've been holding off going to Distrokid or similar for several months. Because SoundCloud are implying they are going to provide this service to Pro members any day now. I've been a Pro member for years. With 200+ tracks on this site.

OK. So I don't get 5000+ plays a month. I'm a niche musician. But why the hell should that matter?

I've been paying for SoundCloud as a service and supporting them for years. And they're just telling me "Oh, you have to make more popular music and build your fan base if you want this extra thing that's allegedly part of your account"

WTF? I want to make the music I want to make.

And that "KEEP IT UP" title is REALLY patronizing and annoying.

The world is going streaming. Lots of other companies are offering to help me get my music on the streamers without demanding that I be a pop star first. I've only held back because I didn't want the extra hassle of dealing with several services if I could do it through one.

But given that, why shouldn't I just cancel SoundCloud and move my stuff to Distrokid or Soundrop?

Most of the "interaction" I get here is just bots. I'm not going to follow a bot. And I don't particularly want bots following me. Most people I know, when I talk about my music, are just "OK, can I hear it on Spotify?"

When I saw SoundCloud were going to offer to distribute music to the streamers I thought "Great. They are adapting and staying relevant." Now I wonder if they've really sorted this service out at all. Or is the announcement just a desperate lie to stop people like me deserting ship? Given the number of people on this thread complaining that they DO meet the criteria and still aren't getting the service?
so pretty much dont even bother trying to apply or even buying the pro unless you can gain 5k+ listens in a month...otherwise Soundcloud is legit stealing your money....cracks me up on the advertisements I've seen for this monetizing music on S.C but none of them actually go into detail about anything...not the costs not the benefits lol just trying to click bait ppl into spending money....if you just spend that money to market yourself you will have better results...I promise.

if it was really about the music and helping artists create new things then they would offer monetization for free....instead of trying to trick you into spending 144 dollars(because its yearly 12bucks a month) or get you to spend 16 for a month at the very least..fucking greed man, ruins most things nowadays.

The big problem I have is that they seem to have no real incentive or way to help promote your music to people, one of the biggest reasons why I think soundcloud is a bad platform these days is because they got rid of some of the most important community aspects of the site Ie: the groups. I hardly understand how to make actual connections on here anymore other than by like deep diving and stumbling upon random artists and liking and commenting on their stuff. Atleast with the groups you could be genre specific and find other artists and fans easier.
Its actually a joke to be honest. As with most things on soundcloud only allowing the top tier artists to benefit. I mean if you have less than 5000 plays a month does that make your music less valued? Does that person not deserve to be paid? Would you go into a small corner shop and not expect to pay anything because they are not Tesco or Walmart. Soundcloud makes a mockery of honest artist trying to make something for themselves but only allow features to huge artists with massive labels behind them.
so pretty much dont even bother trying to apply or even buying the pro unless you can gain 5k+ listens in a month...otherwise Soundcloud is legit stealing your money....cracks me up on the advertisements I've seen for this monetizing music on S.C but none of them actually go into detail about anything...not the costs not the benefits lol just trying to click bait ppl into spending money....if you just spend that money to market yourself you will have better results...I promise.

if it was really about the music and helping artists create new things then they would offer monetization for free....instead of trying to trick you into spending 144 dollars(because its yearly 12bucks a month) or get you to spend 16 for a month at the very least..fucking greed man, ruins most things nowadays.
Also, I did hear from a friend that said it takes 40,000 listeners a month to be paid. Is this true?
If it does take 40,000 listeners, does it need to be consistent, every month, to be paid, or can it be for every 40,000 listeners. Say, I reached a million over the weekend... 😉! Could I be paid for that amount if it was just for 1 month?

How do I calculate the potential earning for the amount of listens?

Kind Regards,

Galaxy Nosh
Hello, I have received more than 5,000 plays, global, in the month of April. When do you think I might be contacted to be eligible for Premium/Monetary. If not Premium, then when will I be able to collect payments for my music on Pro?
Hello I am also experiencing this issue. I have over 20k plays with a pro subscription. I'm trying to figure out why I haven't gotten an invitation. it just says not eligible when I go to the page to sign up please help.
I have over 5,000 plays and almost 5,000 followers and almost 300,000 plays in total and constantly growing! Also the Pro Unlimited WTF I am just gonna go through beatstars at this rate....
can you chnage the audio quality to be higher when you go from soundcloud to spotify? as I know currently spotify supports a higher audio quality. How does this work when you're moving the lower audio quality directly to spotify? Do you send a different higher quality version then what is currently on soundcloud?
Do you need a music publisher when soundcloud puts your music to spotify? and are you paid 100% from soundcloud if your sign up is with soundcloud? Who collects and pays the money from spotify and other streaming servcies?
a couple of questions guys please:

Are you guys still being paid for your streaming on soundcloud? if you have less than this 5,000 plays, without the external ones like spotify etc?..

Also just looking for advice, I am starting out here and trying to figure out the best thing to do for my tracks to monetise? like which plans I should have if any at the moment?

Also will soundcloud not put your tracks onto spotify etc if they dont have the 5000 view threshold? and how much and how many plays etc do you need to make money on spotify and other streaming services?
Wondering the same thing...
I have over 15,000 plays in the last 7 days and have the unlimited pro-plan, but it says that I dont qualify for soundcloud monetization. What am I missing to qualify?? Can someone help me?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey there! In order to qualify for SoundCloud Premier you must be an independent creator and a Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber. We’re starting out by inviting creators with 5,000 plays in the past month (from SoundCloud monetized countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand), then scaling over time to as many creators as possible. So we recommend you keep creating and promoting your original content, and engaging with your fans in the process. Keep in mind that you cannot have any copyright strikes tied to your account if you want to be eligible for Premier. You’ll receive an email and in-product notification once you’re in.

Stay tuned for more details as we continue to expand!

Cheers,
Navid
I too was notified that i didn't qualify despite the fact that i have a pro subscription and create original music and have something like 100 tracks spanning a couple of years... what is the reason I don't qualify?