Answered

Refund for Pro Unlimited Account

• 7 May 2019
  • 4 replies

I would like a full refund for the Pro Unlimited Account that I had purchased yesterday.

It stated in the list of what was on offer that Soundcloud Monetization would be part of the subscription,

when I click on it - it says that I am not eligible?!

I have opened a ticket and will keep this thread open as well until I receive a full refund and go back to a free account.

Thankyou
icon

Best answer by KauOli2019 7 May 2019, 21:10

Okay final update - Soundcloud have responded today and issued a refund.

I would just like to say that things are very misleading at the moment - On the page to sign up to Pro Unlimited the purchaser has the impression that they will be able to

1. Monetize unlimited tracks on SoundCloud
2. Distribute unlimited releases to all major music services
BETA

2.The way the text is written and displayed

Access SoundCloud Premier if eligible is the only visi

ble doubtful thing - it has the words 'if eligible' but
then below that (!&2) above are just displayed as part of everything else.

Also the Tiny (?) next to if eligible has a load of text to paraphrase it says 'earn unlimited revenue and distribute on major services such as apple and spotify'. Nothing there about barrier to entry on that (?)Question mark pop up.

I have logged into 7 of my pro unlimited accounts today as I have a lot of new music to release professionally and wanted it to be released by Soundcloud only to find that

1 I can't release anything via soundcloud
2 I can't monetize anything via soundcloud

I have 7 Million plays and 22K followers on one of these accounts and that shadows plays on other platforms.

I'm massively pissed off at being mis-sold this - I am only asking for refunds on 2 of the accounts as the others I have collabs, are bands I manage or provide for friends.

I am hoping to get a refund for the other account I have asked about but am closing this thread as my initial request has been fulfilled by soundcloud and the refund has been processed, so thankyou.

I'll leave this up as some urgent feedback to soundcloud
View original

4 replies

So I have received a reply from a Mr Otto from soundcloud this morning.

I am very upset - I wrote a detailed support ticket asking for a refund and included the paypal transaction ID.

The reply was a generic response identical to the help article/FAQ

I am very upset - I have requested that this person read my ticket -

I will be looking to open a PAYPAL case if I do not receive timely support from Soundcloud

I'm very upset that my request has been dealt with in such a careless way.
Okay final update - Soundcloud have responded today and issued a refund.

I would just like to say that things are very misleading at the moment - On the page to sign up to Pro Unlimited the purchaser has the impression that they will be able to

1. Monetize unlimited tracks on SoundCloud
2. Distribute unlimited releases to all major music services
BETA

2.The way the text is written and displayed

Access SoundCloud Premier if eligible is the only visi

ble doubtful thing - it has the words 'if eligible' but
then below that (!&2) above are just displayed as part of everything else.

Also the Tiny (?) next to if eligible has a load of text to paraphrase it says 'earn unlimited revenue and distribute on major services such as apple and spotify'. Nothing there about barrier to entry on that (?)Question mark pop up.

I have logged into 7 of my pro unlimited accounts today as I have a lot of new music to release professionally and wanted it to be released by Soundcloud only to find that

1 I can't release anything via soundcloud
2 I can't monetize anything via soundcloud

I have 7 Million plays and 22K followers on one of these accounts and that shadows plays on other platforms.

I'm massively pissed off at being mis-sold this - I am only asking for refunds on 2 of the accounts as the others I have collabs, are bands I manage or provide for friends.

I am hoping to get a refund for the other account I have asked about but am closing this thread as my initial request has been fulfilled by soundcloud and the refund has been processed, so thankyou.

I'll leave this up as some urgent feedback to soundcloud
I've been trying to get a response on this for days and this is ridiculous! I have been trying to cancel my subscription and get my full refund back and DO NOT want these generic responses. Please assist !!!
I've been having a similar issue. Was there a specific email address that Soundcloud emailed you from? I would like to contact them again. It's going on about 4 days now with no response.