Solved

trying again, in the hope of getting a response

Hello there SC Community!

Are you planning to remove the limitation on the number of followable people? I know that 2000 should be enough (another question is, what for is that enough), but it doesn't seem reasonable to me, why this limitation is still alive... It would be great if you could remove it or simply expand it a bit, because I would like to follow more people than that, whitout having to unfollow others.

Best regards,
David
icon

Best answer by Mathis 27 February 2018, 10:20

Hi David,

There are no immediate plans to increase the number of followers at this point. It is essentially a matter of keeping the site & functionalities SoundCloud offers stable. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant engineers though.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi David,

There are no immediate plans to increase the number of followers at this point. It is essentially a matter of keeping the site & functionalities SoundCloud offers stable. I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant engineers though.
Hey Mathis,

Thank you for the response, and for forwarding my feedback 🙂 I hope this could be solved somehow, without risking or giving up the stability of the site.
Userlevel 1
I'm commenting to add my voice to the chorus of people who think it's absurd that you won't let paid subscribers follow as many accounts as they'd like. A limit of 2000 is far below other (free) platforms and is causing me a lot of unnecessary frustration. You also don't provide any tools to look for inactive accounts or accounts not following back, which means that I have to manually go through a list of artists I like and decide which ones I don't like *enough* to stay following them. That's a horrible mindset to put your customers into, and after not seeing any changes in behavior in the site going from 0 to 2000 accounts following, I honestly don't buy the excuse of stability. For those of us who pay you every month for your service, you should treat us better and allow modern features that almost all other social networks do.