Question

why+can't+I+follow+people

Userlevel 1
I tried to follow people I want to listen to but soundcloud suddenly won't let me follow:? I don't understand why I can't follow up to 2k if I want. I'm no where near that. Soundcloud was great for a while why are they suddenly taking my paid subscription away.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

More information about your block on following here.

-Gina
Userlevel 1
following is spam ? here is an answer ?

Merry Christmas to you too
You’ve been put in a temporary block There are currently limits in place for the number of follow actions that you can make within 24 hours and for re-following the same accounts within a short period of time.

If you are repeatedly flagged for these kinds of activities it’s possible that your account will be temporarily blocked from following or unfollowing any more accounts. The duration of these blocks will increase in length each subsequent time you hit these limits.

Please understand that these limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended.

How do I know what these limits are if you keep changing them every time I come off a Block? this time it was 6 people. what will it be next time? I am a new paying user, It would be nice to not be treated like a criminal for liking music. Of course I am going to follow a bunch of people in the beginning. But to keep changing how many before I am blocked again is just cruel.
Userlevel 1
SOUND CLOUD-THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT-YOU DONT ALLOW ME TO FOLLOW ANYONE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN MAKING MANY POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS/SUPPORTING MANY OTHER ARTISTS MUSIC ALONGSIDE TRYING TO PROMOTE MY OWN????
NONETHELESS YOU DONT EVEN GIVE ME A STATUS QUO OF MY BAN!?!? THIS IS FUCKED UP I NEED AN ANSWER
SOUND CLOUD-THIS IS COMPLETE BULLSHIT-YOU DONT ALLOW ME TO FOLLOW ANYONE BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN MAKING MANY POSITIVE RELATIONSHIPS/SUPPORTING MANY OTHER ARTISTS MUSIC ALONGSIDE TRYING TO PROMOTE MY OWN????
NONETHELESS YOU DONT EVEN GIVE ME A STATUS QUO OF MY BAN!?!? THIS IS FUCKED UP I NEED AN ANSWER

Soundcloud really starts to piss me off im also blocked now and i think about giving up paying for them. their site is slow and sluggish and the support is horrible they never listen. Also that Gina doesnt seem to do a lot of good here, only ''blabla just get out''
Userlevel 1
You’ve been put in a temporary block There are currently limits in place for the number of follow actions that you can make within 24 hours and for re-following the same accounts within a short period of time.

If you are repeatedly flagged for these kinds of activities it’s possible that your account will be temporarily blocked from following or unfollowing any more accounts. The duration of these blocks will increase in length each subsequent time you hit these limits.

Please understand that these limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended.

How do I know what these limits are if you keep changing them every time I come off a Block? this time it was 6 people. what will it be next time? I am a new paying user, It would be nice to not be treated like a criminal for liking music. Of course I am going to follow a bunch of people in the beginning. But to keep changing how many before I am blocked again is just cruel.

this is bullshit sound cloud, i jsut got banned for follow 4 fucking people, im sueing
Userlevel 1

fuck you gina

Fuck this Gina person, the support is terrible, the bans are bullshit, and soundcloud is dieing.

Soundcloud: Have no question on why your company is going to shit. ITS YOUR OWN FAULT. YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
Userlevel 1

dude this is bullshit i was bannded for 24 hours, then i literally only follow 6 people, now ive been banned for more than 48 hours still banned like wtf i need notifications if they gunna ban me this is so fucked up i
How long does a first time ban last?
Hi,

-Gina

How long does a first time ban last? Think I followed too many people

Ikr
How long does a first time ban last?
6 years
Hi,

-Gina

I _m been blocked for had reached the 2.000 followed users, I guess, but I don _t understand why , because I _m been using soundcloud for 5 years, not followed those all people in a small period of time. I _m paying to be a pro user , I would like supporting music artists & producers & know about their new productions , and now this is not possible to me . What I have suppose to do? unfollow all those people ? Stop using Soundcloud no more? I think this is not fair play . I never spamed any other user, I _m sure that Soundcloud doesn _t have any complain about me , only used for listening to music that I like , supported artists , look for new music and producers for using in my mixes sets , cause I work like a Dj as well. I hope that I _ll be allowed to keep following/ supporting producers & labels , listening to music there soon , when they fixed that error with my profile.