Question

Why do I have to pay for a SoundCloud Go subscription if I already pay for a SoundCloud Pro Subscription?

I would like to know why as a Pro subscriber I also have to pay for a Go subscription. Soundcloud should consider giving Pro subscribers Soundcloud Go for free as we are the users uploading content and listening to other content. Being able to listen to other content unobstructed inspired me to create more content which helps SoundCloud grow.

I foresee my usage of Soundcloud's services decreasing as a content provider and a provider of my content. Please consider this change as I may need to consider using toneden, mixcloud, wavo, etc. over your services.

Thank you.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi,

It’s important to note that the two subscriptions we now offer are completely separate from each other.

The SoundCloud Pro and Pro Unlimited subscriptions are there for users who want to have more upload time on their accounts, as well as other features such as extended stats information, and the ability to replace files on already uploaded tracks.

The SoundCloud Go subscription is for users who want access to the newly expanded catalog—everything from chart-toppers to underground artists— available offline and ad-free.

If you already have a Pro Unlimited subscription, you have the opportunity to purchase SoundCloud Go at a discounted1 price of $4.99/month2 for the first 6 months of your subscription through our SoundCloud Go page: http://soundcloud.com/go. Learn more details about the SoundCloud Go discount for Pro Unlimited users: http://payments.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2344051

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions surrounding this.

Best,

Gina

1 Discount limited to the first six months of subscription of SoundCloud Go by active Pro Unlimited users

2 Price limited to purchases via desktop or Android app only
So you're charging both listeners and creators but you're not sharing any of the revenue from Go with creators?
Userlevel 2
kamera wrote:

So you're charging both listeners and creators but you're not sharing any of the revenue from Go with creators?

Hi Kamera, we do share revenue with creators - through the OnSoundCloud program, which we are rapidly expanding. If a creator isn't in the OSC progam, we don't put ads around their content.
Userlevel 1
Greetings.

I don't mind an extra 5 bucks for Soundcloud Go. It's the "for the first 6 months" that doesn't really appeal to me. I am speaking quite selfishly, I know. But I would love some extra preferential treatment. I have been on the Pro Subscription for a while now. It would be great if your appreciation for dedicated Soundcloud subscribers extended further than 6 months.

I don't know for sure, but I bet there are a lot of Pro subscribers like me out there who would be cool paying a total of 20 a month, but are not so cool paying a total of 25 a month.

C'mon. Show some extra love for your dedicated subscribers.
Userlevel 2
Chismatic wrote:

Greetings.

I don't mind an extra 5 bucks for Soundcloud Go. It's the "for the first 6 months" that doesn't really appeal to me. I am speaking quite selfishly, I know. But I would love some extra preferential treatment. I have been on the Pro Subscription for a while now. It would be great if your appreciation for dedicated Soundcloud subscribers extended further than 6 months.

I don't know for sure, but I bet there are a lot of Pro subscribers like me out there who would be cool paying a total of 20 a month, but are not so cool paying a total of 25 a month.

Thanks for this feedback! I'll pass this along to the team. So a permanent discount would be something you'd be interested in?
Userlevel 1
Chismatic wrote:

Greetings.

Hey Cole.

I think a permanent discount is the only way I would sign up for Go.

Thanks for listening.
Userlevel 2
Chismatic wrote:

Greetings.

Thank you. Out of curiosity do you pay for any other music services at the moment or only use SoundCloud?
Userlevel 1
Chismatic wrote:

Greetings.

I only use soundcloud. I honestly can't stand spotify or Pandora. Soundcloud is the best way to discover new music from people who aren't distributed by labels and it's podcast delivery is superior as well.
I would also agree. how come someone who has a soundcloud pro account doesn't get the add free like a go account user does?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Does soundcloud pro unlimited include soundcloud go?.

If I upgrade my account to a pro unlimited account, does it already include soundcloud go? Or is that a completely separate plan, just discounted by 5$ per month?
Userlevel 2
Rawzr wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Does soundcloud pro unlimited include soundcloud go?.

If I upgrade my account to a pro unlimited account, does it already include soundcloud go? Or is that a completely separate plan, just discounted by 5$ per month?

Hi Rawzr, they're separate plans.