Question

Why would I pay €49.5 per year for a pro account if they removed all interesting functionalities?

• 15 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
So when I first went pro it was roughly €29/year .

Back then you could share your tracks to groups amongst other interesting functionalities.

In the years since Soundcloud has devolved into a mess of spam accounts, bot accounts which has made it quite annoying to use.

But last year they removed the groups, so in essence all Soundcloud is these days is a wall for your personal tracks, no longer is there a sense of community, exposure through sharing through groups.

in essence you are forced to plug your soundcloud URL into other platforms to attract new listeners...

So why has the price gone up by that much?

As far as I can tell the bot accounts are still plentifull, I have less statistics to gawk at and less of a platform to attract new people.

So how does the company justify this gross overpricing and extremely pathetic functionality?

6 replies

I agree with this comment. SoundCloud WAS a great platform for putting tracks out in to the world. Unfortunately with the removal of Groups it's usefulness is no longer there for me. It's next to impossible to specifically advertise to the "Groups" of SoundCloud users that would be interested. For this reason I have cancelled my Pro subscription and will be most likely moving to another platform and pay for that. Until I see functionality that was once there with Groups, I will not be paying for a SoundCloud subscription. The generic naming categories provided to replace Groups are completely useless and have stripped away the essence of what made your site amazing. PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS
Seems they have removed the "off line" listening too , Ever since Apple took over it has been a SCAM . I'm ready gto "lawyer up" because they are also charging me more than I was used to. AND THERE IS NO WAY TO GET A HOLD OF ANYONE !!! I can't even cancel my subscription. So im disputing the fee with my bank.
I can't understand why Soundcloud would do this. I would post a song and add it to numerous groups and it spreaded my music to more people faster and more convenient than any other music website out there. I would get 100's, even thousands of listeners. I just posted a song a couple days ago and I only have one listener on that song still, and its me. This has got to be the most backstabbing decision any music company has ever made. Bring back Groups.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear you feel that way, however your honest feedback is much appreciated and I'll be sure to pass it on to the relevant team. @Angela - if you continue to have issues with your subscription, please reach out to our subscriptions team here.
So when I first went pro it was roughly €29/year .

Back then you could share your tracks to groups amongst other interesting functionalities.

In the years since Soundcloud has devolved into a mess of spam accounts, bot accounts which has made it quite annoying to use.

But last year they removed the groups, so in essence all Soundcloud is these days is a wall for your personal tracks, no longer is there a sense of community, exposure through sharing through groups.

in essence you are forced to plug your soundcloud URL into other platforms to attract new listeners...

So why has the price gone up by that much?

As far as I can tell the bot accounts are still plentifull, I have less statistics to gawk at and less of a platform to attract new people.

So how does the company justify this gross overpricing and extremely pathetic functionality?

EXACTLY! i was struggling for years to reach my group to the best count level i was giving feedback often so that to create a connection find new unsigned music for my shows and create basic audience for my music to grow and get more recognisible ..so that i would turn my account to pro!!
now thanks i am staying as i am and honestly if it wasn't for dl feature i would have gone..
Soundcloud you pieces of shit, i just paid for a year and realized there are no more groups. You could have been brilliant, you became a disgrace.