Question

1 Month without messages - Because i want to contact my Followers....? Ridiculous

• 5 February 2017
  • 7 replies

Is there some kind of petition I can sign? Because I think it's absolutely straight up ridiculous how SoundCloud blocks your facilities after sending too many messages and/or follow requests. WTF is too many? That number shouldn't exist, there is no such thing as TOO MANY! Ridiculous. How does this help a starving musician? Anyway... The other thing I'm having a hard time getting over is how GD long it takes to get my facilities back. 6 whole days?! You're telling me the block doubles when I message or follow? I hope there's a petition I can sign to change this ruling. Otherwise, myself and other will be leaving this site. You should never have capped how many messages and follow requests you can send...

7 replies

Userlevel 1
I have been working with Soundcloud for more than 2 years now.

Like something normal as it is, i would like to send messages to my followers... instead, i got 1 Month without being able to contact any of my Followers.

I would like some serious answers on why this is going on...I am not spamming and i pay my monthly subscription. This is not acceptable.

I hope someone from Soundcloud can help me as it is also impossible to contact the support directly.

Regards,

SRJ
Userlevel 1
Absolutely ridiculous for Soundcloud.

I am considering to quit.
Yes, I know how you feel its a disgrace. I think people will start using some other platforms and soundcloud popularity will go down because of this restrictions. I think soundcloud is a very good platform but just because of this annoying bans for messages I think it makes it almost unusable.
I am considering to quit too, and would gladly sign petition but not for following or commenting blocks as I think they are useful if you want to stop spamming and bring in some order, but messaging blocks are just stupid and are preventing people in normal interaction. I make 5-10 messages and get blocked for 6 fuckin days It is just out of this world. And the most horrible thing is that it will increase and after 6 days I will be afraid to send more than one or two messages because it will block me even more.
Userlevel 1
Yes, I know how you feel its a disgrace. I think people will start using some other platforms and soundcloud popularity will go down because of this restrictions. I think soundcloud is a very good platform but just because of this annoying bans for messages I think it makes it almost unusable.

It is absulutely unaceptable, at least i want the money back for my month...but of course impossible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you. The length of your block will increase if you run into the same block repeatedly. Given you've had this block on your account a bunch of times, you current block takes so long until our system will release it again.

Please see here on our help center to learn why we need to have these kind of blocks in place, why this has happened on your account in the first place, and to understand how to prevent it in the future.

Cheers
Mathis
Guys I have just posted this on another forum

https://www.reddit.com/r/TechnoProduction/comments/an5p0x/unfairness_of_soundcloud_restrictionsquality_of/

please take the time to check it out it is directly concerning this issue and i'm trying to galvanise enough support to force some change.