Answered

1) Profile Picture won't save / 2) 'header' photo won't upload

• 28 February 2017
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 1
Recently my Soundcloud has been acting a bit funny...

1) I frequently update my profile picture and my header photo... I would say once every 10 days or so. In the past day, I'm not having success with my profile picture saving... I am able to save a photo, as the 1st screenshot below indicates... but when I refresh the page, or open a new tab and visit my profile... my profile picture is not saving (see 2nd screenshot) . Has anyone else encountered this issue or know what maybe happening?

2) I am unable to upload any 'header' photo to my profile...as both screenshots indicate. I even removed my old header photo, and have even tried to upload the same photo again (667kb .jpeg image). Has anyone else encountered this issue or know what may be happening?

Thanks for any help you may provide.

ps. Many tracks seem to have problems playing all the way through... I listen to some all the way through, but others just quit only a few seconds (around 10-11 seconds typically) into the track. I've checked my data limit for the month - and am no where near the limit. I would call my IS provider but there are certain videos and tracks that are working well enough, as if my internet is not being limited. This issue is quite confounding.
icon

Best answer by Deltron_0.7 28 February 2017, 23:04

UPDATE: SOUNDCLOUD YOU PEOPLE ROCK!

issue is totally resolved... and all the tracks (both offline and online) are playing.

Soundcloud > the rest.

mucho happie... I hope the rest of you are able to have your problems resolved
View original

18 replies

Userlevel 1
same problem here but with the cover of the song.....
Userlevel 1
I just tried uploading a .png image.... it is now giving me an "Error saving. Please try again." message.... and I try again and it does not work. This specific .png image is 60 kb in size.
Userlevel 1
I know many others which have the same problem, i don't know why
Having the same problem. This is majorly messing up my release that has been promoted for today. Seriously BS.... Anyone have any luck here?
Userlevel 1
I'm right now in a contest and about to win.... but what..... can't upload my image!!!! Very depressed right now
Userlevel 1
Alone Architect and Andy Louz... I believe if we get enough traction here, Soundcloud may look into this issue. Being a paying customer for their streaming service... I have begun to harbor the thoughts that, despite all of the major upside to the monthly premium membership, these issues are significant enough of a detractor for me to consider going elsewhere...
Deltron.... how do we get traction. What kind of company doesn't even have a f'n support team that you can contact? Trying to upload a release scheduled for today.... this is unacceptable for paying customers. Any hacks to get this working?
Userlevel 1
I'm very depressed for my contest right now.....
Userlevel 1
All sites have a support center. Soundcloud not. Yeay
Userlevel 1
I'm just trying to remain optimistic. I've put a lot of passion in effort into my profile and my playlists.... I can't afford to get upset, rather, I'll just have to commit my small income to a different streaming service.

As of right now, NONE of my tracks will play on my profile - save for the ones I have saved offline on my mobile app. To me, I have a feeling they are currently tampering with my profile to try and resolves this issue... otherwise my profile - since posting this question, is completely tanking. If this issue is leading to my profile behaving in such a way, I will be forced to cancel my membership. Which sucks, because I still prefer Soundcloud over the other streaming options... especially the offline storage..... To account for this I am downloading my entire library - which is costing a lot of personal data.

I do not want to go so far as to think the issue is founded on some fishy tactics. I hope Soundcloud can take a look at this. I am aware of the people behind this platform, or, at least the money. I'd speculate more, but I'd rather give some more time for this issue to be tackled. I believe soundcloud is trying to provide a genuine service.
Userlevel 1
I hope so. My friends have the same problem....
Userlevel 1
So... Alone Architect, to answer your question about traction.... It starts small. We need to simply show how much this issue is prevailing amongst Soundcloud's user base, and convey our genuine interest in support. If there is no action by soundcloud, then the issue can easily be taken public. I know how many competitors would love to document this case to legitimize their service as an option for paying customers. I am not trying to bring down soundcloud, I am simply trying to get, what I believe, is my money's worth.
Deltron... so what does that entail? Just complaining here in posts? On their FB page? Open to ideas. This should not be happening.....
i cant listen to anything
Userlevel 1
I have to go get ready for work... hopefully in a few hours when I come home the issue will, at least, be under the gaze of some of their team. The only leverage I have is in my monthly support in money for their service... I will reluctantly discontinue my service. Soundcloud is not a utility, it is merely a for-profit company providing a service.
Userlevel 1
UPDATE: SOUNDCLOUD YOU PEOPLE ROCK!

issue is totally resolved... and all the tracks (both offline and online) are playing.

Soundcloud > the rest.

mucho happie... I hope the rest of you are able to have your problems resolved
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thank you so much for reporting and for hanging in there while our engineers fixed this. Apologies about any inconvenience!
Userlevel 1
thanks again Mathis! I'm a bit curious as to what the problem may have been. Was it just localized towards a bug in my account?