Question

A 4 year+ inactive account is taking the URL that I want and SoundCloud isn't doing anything about it.

• 13 July 2015
  • 3 replies

The account soundcloud.com/DZON is obviously inactive for 4+ years, because I looked at the Favs and the tracks were uploaded 4 to 5 years ago. The account NEVER uploaded or reposted, and I am an active soundcloud user/uploader. Please help..

3 replies

Userlevel 2
I had similar thanks to the login issues SoundCloud had last year. I set up an account, then it wouldn't let me in, and i couldn't use the name on the 2nd account i setup, as my dormant unused account had the URL. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi DZON,

Sorry but this account is not inactive, we aren't lying to you. Not all account holders are creators, not all upload. As much as we try to get all users to take advantage of the tolls we build, some accounts literally just hit play.

@Stakker, as the account owner you are free to access that account and that URL. If you couldn't login then all you have to do is let us know and we will ask you some security questions.

Thanks!
Gina
Hi DZON,

Sorry but this account is not inactive, we aren't lying to you. Not all account holders are creators, not all upload. As much as we try to get all users to take advantage of the tolls we build, some accounts literally just hit play.

@Stakker, as the account owner you are free to access that account and that URL. If you couldn't login then all you have to do is let us know and we will ask you some security questions.

Thanks!
Gina

I'm having a similar issue with soundcloud.com/eiffeltower. Is that URL available due to inactive account? I saw that there is a google form, but it is not presently working.