Answered

Account has been reset?!

• 24 July 2015
  • 1 reply

I signed up to Soundcloud using email adres armante4u@hotmail.com.Whilst listening to music yesterday while you guys were updating I would get logged out sometimes. No worries, the cookie set enabled me to always log back in. But one instance it didn't log me in and i was prompted to sign in or register. Basically out of habit I clicked the signup with facebook option and an account was created. This account had nothing in it of course. No playlists, no likes, no history whatsoever. Plus the avatar was that from my facebook so that was the clue that I signed in using facebook. I logged out and filled in my emailadres and what i thought was my password. But then the funny thing happened... this account was all of a sudden the facebook account?! So all my music is gone.

It seems there is a bug (stressing on seems) that when you have an account with email xyz and later signup with facebook using the same emailadres xyz the original account gets reset.

Is there anyway to get my music back??

Regards,
Dwayne
icon

Best answer by Mathis 24 July 2015, 15:30

Hi there Dwayne,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about the troubles. The best thing in this case will be to get in touch with our support team via email - they will be able to help out with this further. Due to the public nature of our help forum, we're currently asking our user to write in here for queries around Account Access.

Thanks & all the best
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Dwayne,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear about the troubles. The best thing in this case will be to get in touch with our support team via email - they will be able to help out with this further. Due to the public nature of our help forum, we're currently asking our user to write in here for queries around Account Access.

Thanks & all the best
Mathis