Answered

Account Information (Likes, Follows, etc) deleted, Account still exists. What happend?!

• 2 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Hey Folks,
some strange Data-Loss happend to the Information of my account. When I searched the topics I only found peoples accounts completely been deleted for no reason. But...
I logt in with my Email and password like usual, no problems. My Nickname and my profile-pic are still there but everything else is gone, empty. No Follows nor followers. All Tracks I loaded up deleted. All my liked Songs, Postings, Comments like they never existed. It looks like a just created, fresh account.
I'm not that active anymore but I digged a lot of good stuff on soundcloud over the years, which I enjoy to listen to from time to time! so i would be devastated to loose all those connections, likes and bookmarks.

I really would like to know HOW and WHY that malfunction occurred?!
IF there is any chance to restore that Data I would be grateful!! But mainly I just wanna know how to avoid, what ever there is one can do. Is ther cloud needed to be backed up?

Thank you for support!
Looking forward to an answer,
Angus

PS.: I dont know exactly when this account was created but it must been before 2014! I think even some years earlier, but thats not for sure.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 14 June 2019, 14:35

this happend to me too. my profile name was also changed to a series number User xxxx.
all the likes and followers/followings are gone..

Hi,

Chances are you accidentally created a new account instead of signing in to your regular account. Please see here for more info about account access. If after that you still require assistance, it'll be best to reach out to the team directly, as they can help with these things most efficiently and investigate further.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

2 replies

this happend to me too. my profile name was also changed to a series number User xxxx.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi,

Chances are you accidentally created a new account instead of signing in to your regular account. Please see here for more info about account access. If after that you still require assistance, it'll be best to reach out to the team directly, as they can help with these things most efficiently and investigate further.

Cheers
Mathis