Question

Account suspended for "misappropriation to boost popularity"

• 20 June 2018
  • 0 replies

so i received this email today after my account all of a sudden disappeared.

"We are writing to you today to let you know that your account has been suspended for violating our Terms of Use (soundcloud.com/terms-of-use) on the grounds of being dedicated to misrepresentation and using this to boost popularity on SoundCloud.

This is in violation of our ToUs and Community Guidelines which state:

(v) You must not employ any techniques or make use of any services, automated or otherwise, designed to misrepresent the popularity of Your Content on the Platform, or to misrepresent your activity on the Platform, including without limitation by the use of bots, botnets, scripts, apps, plugins, extensions or other automated means to register accounts, log in, add followers to your account, play Content, follow or unfollow other users, send messages, post comments, or otherwise to act on your behalf, particularly where such activity occurs in a multiple or repetitive fashion. You must not offer or promote the availability of any such techniques or services to any other users of the Platform.

viii) You must not use the platform to upload, post, store, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available or otherwise communicate to the public:
-any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarizes, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right

xi) You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, registering an account in the name of another person or company

When an account is suspended for violating these Terms, your account, tracks, followers and stats are removed from our platform and you are permanently banned from returning to SoundCloud. This means that it is not possible for you to sign up for a new account using the same email, Display Name or URL as you did prior to suspension.

We take the security of our community very seriously. We're sorry we had to take this action, but hope that you can understand that SoundCloud is a place for people to share content which respects our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.

Best,

SoundCloud Trust & Safety Team

I wouldn't have an issue with this, however, i was not violating any of the tos at all. Im going to explain why for each reason.

1. I wasn't using any bots, other accounts, follow and unfollowing users nor spamming anyone. I've never bought my plays and i have not uploaded a song in a month! My growth is legitimate. For Soundcloud to suspend me and accuse me of "misrepresentation and using this to boost popularity" is absolutely ridiculous. How come they don't suspend the people who spam their soundcloud links in the comments? But nope they, targeted me instead.
  2. I had permission to have the tracks i had uploaded on my page, other wise, i would have not posted them to begin with. I try my best to stay out of copyright trouble, but apparently that wasn't enough.
  3. I was not impersonating anyone! I had a unique name before my soundcloud account was deleted out of the blue.

So to end this off, I want Soundcloud to reconsider my suspension. It's unfair how the people who are actually violating their TOS are still up on Soundcloud but I get targeted and deleted instead. If I'm actually in the wrong, then i want an opportunity to try and correct my mistakes. I already contacted soundcloud via email, but I know they take weeks to reply, so that is why I'm posting this here in hopes of getting my soundcloud back.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!