Question

Account Termination Question

• 11 January 2019
  • 0 replies

Hi everybody, recently I had one of my Soundcloud accounts removed from the platform for violating some terms of use such as:

"(viii) You must not use the Platform to upload, post, store, transmit, display, copy, distribute, promote, make available or otherwise communicate to the public:
-any information, Content or other material that violates, plagiarises, misappropriates or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark rights, rights of privacy or publicity, confidential information or any other right; or

(xi) You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity, for example, by registering an account in the name of another person or company, or sending messages or making comments using the name of another person."

On this account I was just posting singles from other labels, as I've done for years now. Labels are aware of the fact that I post their music on Soundcloud, and they are ok with it because my network can give them much more exposure than they could reach.

So, I understand the account won't be recovered, but I want to understand if the termination of the account was due to the fact that it was eligible for monetization and it entered the Premier program. I have done this job for years, as other promoters have done, and Soundcloud never closed a channel until december (I had 0 strikes).

I would like to understand if there is a new policy for accounts or if, when you enter the monetization program without having the full permissions to post a track, your account will be closed with no warning. Thanks

@Mathis @Navid

0 replies

Be the first to reply!