Question

Adverts! You are killing Soundcloud!

• 29 December 2018
  • 2 replies

I’ve used soundcloud since it started around 10 years ago and have watched adverts creep in gradually. I understand that you have to make money and all this streaming doesn’t come free.

However the adverts were every now & again and short, inbetween tracks. Most folk learned to live with them.

Recently the adverts have become a barrage, repeated again and again after every track. I must admit I have been tempted to pay for Pro. But I’ve read about users on there even being pestered by Ads. So that’s not an option.

Seeking solice in mainly listening to mixes to avoid adverts I have today found even these have been ruined. Adverts abruptly interrupt the music. Then to rub salt in the wounds for your listening pleasure Soundcloud decide you should stop listening to that mix and go to the next track. Soundcloud is now terrible. I’m off to Amazon or Spotify. Thanks for the last 10 years. And goodbye.

2 replies

Soundcloud.... you win. I can't listed to another advert. I'm uninstalling.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Soundcloud.... you win. I can't listed to another advert. I'm uninstalling.

Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear that, however thank you for your feedback around this. An ad-free experience is possible with our SoundCloud Go / Go+ subscriptions, however I understand your frustration if you're exposed to a "too high ad ratio".

All the best
Mathis