Question

After PRO Account wasn't renew I lost everything

• 15 January 2017
  • 8 replies

Can someone explain me why the hell i've went from 1900 followers to 100, lost all my tracks, profile completely changed after I didn't wish to renew pro plan?

This is not acceptable at all, it makes no sense! Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
this reminds me - i've been thinking about the renewal of my pro-plan recently, it must be due soon, but i have no idea when it is due for renewal and see no options in my account to check the renewal date or renew it. i assume i'll get an email reminder but if that goes to spam box i'll be in the same boat..! anyone renewed a pro account? how does it work?
Userlevel 3
Badge
ignore my last post ^ the subscription info is there!
Dj Next, next time create your own thread dude... 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there A Thousand Details,

Hmm, the account from which you're writing in to the community actually doesn't have any hidden tracks right now, and the fact that you're saying you've lost followers makes me think you might have accidentally logged in to a different account?

If you're account reverts to a free account and you had uploaded more than 180 min., some of your tracks become hidden and you cannot upload more. (however, your followers should remain the same) In order for all of your tracks to appear on your account, you can either upgrade to a Pro plan again or delete some sounds to make space on your account for new uploads.

You can check out what tracks are hidden on your account here: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks. To see the hidden tracks just scroll back to the oldest tracks in the list and you can see they are greyed out, these are the hidden tracks and you can delete them in this view.

To check how many minutes you have used and have left, head to the upload page (soundcloud.com/upload) and look underneath the upload tool. You'll see a counter that shows the current minutes available within the account.

Hope I was able to clear things up for you.

Best,
Mathis
Hi there A Thousand Details,

Hmm, the account from which you're writing in to the community actually doesn't have any hidden tracks right now, and the fact that you're saying you've lost followers makes me think you might have accidentally logged in to a different account?

If you're account reverts to a free account and you had uploaded more than 180 min., some of your tracks become hidden and you cannot upload more. (however, your followers should remain the same) In order for all of your tracks to appear on your account, you can either upgrade to a Pro plan again or delete some sounds to make space on your account for new uploads.

You can check out what tracks are hidden on your account here: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks. To see the hidden tracks just scroll back to the oldest tracks in the list and you can see they are greyed out, these are the hidden tracks and you can delete them in this view.

To check how many minutes you have used and have left, head to the upload page (soundcloud.com/upload) and look underneath the upload tool. You'll see a counter that shows the current minutes available within the account.

Hope I was able to clear things up for you.

Best,
Mathis

Hey mathis, nope, not logging on different account mate, always using the same log in info, it suddenly went all nuts. The tracks even don't show in grey (as it's pass my upload limit), my followers went completely nuts, I know how much I had and I had to reupload images, and everything.

I just want to understand and get back all my stuff... the tracks I can reupload them again sure. But followers, this is not right, and the fact there isn't a live chat support isn't helping. Can you by any mean try and see what happens if you reallocate PRO membership and see if anything changes compared to my actual profile?
this reminds me - i've been thinking about the renewal of my pro-plan recently, it must be due soon, but i have no idea when it is due for renewal and see no options in my account to check the renewal date or renew it. i assume i'll get an email reminder but if that goes to spam box i'll be in the same boat..! anyone renewed a pro account? how does it work?
This is the best support you guys can give? How do you explain I went from 1000++ to 128? Is it even possible?

I don't care about hidden tracks, I know how it works if you upload more than you have... My main problem and that's what I want you to check out is why my followers disappeared?!
It's quite easy to check my account before going free and while I was PRO, this makes no sense at all, I'm not using different accounts, I only have one, we would I logged with a different one and see the same stuff? What pisses me off is the fact that I am sure I could prove you this if I just paid subscription again. I remember having an incident like this before, I was PRO, didn't renewed immediately, my account reverted to a backup before PRO and as soon as I paid, BOOM, everything back again.
Are you going to oblige me to pay just to prove my point?

2 months passed, and still no answer. I really don't understand why after all these years there isn't a ZenDesk live chat, a contact form, anything like a normal company would have... Remember in order to succeed, customer service and their satisfaction it's what makes you successful. OK you guys are in transitions, plenty of stuff happening to keep soundcloud alive, etc, etc, etc... but Customer Service dying? No excuse sorry.

I really hope you can help me. It's the least, I'm an user since the early beginning.
Had exactly the same today. Not from 1900 to 100, but from 230 to 186. To be honest, keep in mind Soundcloud will not be around anymore within 1 year in this setup. Thinking about cancelling anyway. To many fake likes, fake plays and fake people.