Answered

API Keys

• 10 March 2017
  • 4 replies

I applied for an API key and was pleased to hear that I was accepted. I received the following email:

code:
Thank you for registering your SoundCloud Application.

Based on your response to the SoundCloud Developer Application form, it appears that your application is not in violation of our API Terms of Use.

As such, we have issued you API keys – you can find your application credential information here: https://soundcloud.com/you/apps. Make sure you are signed in to the SoundCloud profile used in the registration form.

The problem I have is that when I am logged into the profile that I used to apply for the API account I do NOT see any credential information on the /you/apps page. I tried contacting api@soundcloud.com but only get an automated response that there's no support for the API. It suggests posting on Stack Overflow. This isn't a programming issue so I would not expect any help on there but I have posted a question there so I'm following procedure. Unsurprisingly there's no response there.

Here's the thread I created for info:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42549536/soundcloud-api-keys-not-available-on-your-available-apps-page

I'm a little stuck as to where to go from here, it seems rather strange to offer an API but have no mechanism to communicate about issues about it.

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could go from here?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 13 March 2017, 14:33

Hi there,

Hmm, so the account from which you're writing on the Help Community does indeed not have any apps registered. In order to find out where that app went, we'd need to look up your email address where you received the email. However, this is NOT something we ask our users to provide on the Help Community due to its public nature.

Hence, please send an email to support[at]soundcloud.com, explain the case (feel free to link to the topic on the Help Community) and provide the email address in question.

Best
Mathis
View original

4 replies

You should have received an e-mail titled "SoundCloud API Application Response - Approved" with a link there.

Double check to make sure you are logged into the account you applied for the API. Maybe switch to the other account, memory is fallible. My API shows here ---> https://soundcloud.com/you/apps
Hi Chris,

Thank you for your response. Yes I received an email with a link in it, the one I quoted above. I have only 1 Soundcloud account and that's the one I applied with and am logged in to. Nothing shows on my "soundcloud.com/you/apps" page unfortunately it just shows the text
code:
You have no registered apps yet

Am a bit lost as to how to get help from Soundcloud, seeing as it's nothing the Stack Overflow community could help with and emails to api@soundcloud.com just get an automated reply telling me to go to Stack Overflow.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, so the account from which you're writing on the Help Community does indeed not have any apps registered. In order to find out where that app went, we'd need to look up your email address where you received the email. However, this is NOT something we ask our users to provide on the Help Community due to its public nature.

Hence, please send an email to support[at]soundcloud.com, explain the case (feel free to link to the topic on the Help Community) and provide the email address in question.

Best
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

Thank you for responding to this. After tweeting to @SCSupport yesterday I received an answer and it has now been resolved by the support team. Thank you again for responding!