Apologize for attacking users, calling them "alt right"

• 26 January 2017
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
On twitter, I mentioned that false copyright claims had taken down 4 episodes one of my favorite podcasts, apparently for no reason. The response I got back from @SCSupport: "alt right". Eat a ____, SoundCloud, if that's what you consider professionalism. Fire whoever it was who responded to support requests in this manner. Is SoundCloud in the business of thought policing? I'm not a member of the "alt right", but would my request matter less if I were? You need to publicly apologize on your blog and twitter to everyone you slandered and attacked. This is disgusting, and I hope you take action to remove any employees involved.

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Here's a screenshot.

Yeah i saw it on the show, People should boycot soundcloud.
I'm not a member of the "alt right", but would my request matter less if I were?

:?

Soundcloud was established in Berlin, Germany. Many of the employees work out of Berlin. Founders are from Switzerland.

About 60,000,000 human beings died because of World War 2.

Switzerland in general took the peace route.

The people working in Berlin, they have relatives, family members who fought and or died in the war. Can you imagine the horror?
[quote=Chris Mai]
Soundcloud was established in Berlin, Germany. Many of the employees work out of Berlin. Founders are from Switzerland.

The people working in Berlin, they have relatives, family members who fought and or died in the war. Can you imagine the horror?

:? can you imagine the horror if people were to childishly cast aspersions every time they thought someone MIGHT agree with a something they don't.
🆒
I'm not a member of the "alt right", but would my request matter less if I were?

:?

That's understandable and all that, except the content in question that was removed and the people that contacted them were not related to anything "alt-right".

It's unprofessional since Soundcloud removed it on nebulous claims and decided to cast aspersions on fans wanting more transparency.
Userlevel 2
Not everyone on the alt right is a nazi, AND THIS ISN'T EVEN AN ALT RIGHT PODCAST. THE PEOPLE ON THE PODCAST ARE F***ING BERNIE SUPPORTERS. Deal with the copyright claim now. Bring ALL the episodes back unless you have a valid claim against them pending legal action. They have a well-funded legal defense fund, and I'm sure they'd love to take whomever made these claims to court - who was it?
Userlevel 2
Mr Mai: Would you enjoy it if, for example, Walmart refused to offer you a return because of your Hillary 2016 shirt? Bringing politics into customer support is abhorrent and irresponsible.
Userlevel 2
Also, I have relatives who fought in the war against the Nazis. This doesn't make me somehow superior - talk about a virtue signal by proxy.

If I were working customer support, the last thing I would do is demonize my customer base by (as far as you've defined "alt right" above) calling them nazis for making a support request.
Userlevel 4
Hello everyone,

We understand the frustration from the community due to the sensitive nature of this topic. In an effort to rectify the issue, we extended an apology to those involved over Twitter - if you were one of those people and you did not receive this Tweet, then we’d like to extend our apologies here. The error that occurred was due to a mistake with an internal process via our Help Desk – the content of the Tweets that were sent were unrelated to the account in question.

We hope that people can appreciate that this was a result of a technical error, and this message was not intended to be directed at any of those individuals involved.

Thank you.
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the apology.
Sorry guys, I have no knowledge of the content or issue, I just saw the mention of alt-right...and immediately jumped to a conclusion when in fact there are many levels of alt-right.

I'm all for freedom of speech, open-thought, some of Bernie's positions, etc.
Would you please help me solving the issue in topic
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/account-access-copyright-trust-safety-229932/my-original-tracks-has-been-deleted-by-soundcloud--7354817/index1.html#post17967414
Follow Lah Gank 😃
Life is like a drum sound of his voice sometimes hard sometimes romantic:D 😃 😃 😃
https://With the new Shuffle Button shit is fucked up. When you've got a playlist with like 300+ Songs all you can do is start at the first track and shuffle through it all. Before that I could just start where I wanted in my playlist and during shuffling selecting songs I were in mood for. But now, if I click let say song #150, it ONLY shuffles my playlist from song #150 - #300, so song #1 - #149 won't even be played unless I start from song #1 again.