Question

Banned for a year from liking to many songs...

• 25 January 2018
  • 4 replies

I understand why you would ban people for this matter. But here's the thing. I recently made a new account and I'm trying to re-like all my liked songs from my old account. So I'm not trying to promote myself or spam anyone. Plus I have already liked these tracks so I am liking them because I like them, not just for no reason. I've never been banned for anything else on Soundcloud. But I've been banned 3 times for this. Which is annoying. I had a day ban, I forgot what time I got it so I tried liking something to see if it was lifted. I was then banned for a year from liking songs. All I want is to move my likes from my old account to my new. But now that's pretty much impossible. Soundcloud is an amazing website/app but this is just really annoying.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
how many likes? dozens? hundreds? thousands?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please be sure to review this article on our Help Center. Stretching out your liking activity would be a good start to prevent your account from being blocked. Is keeping the old account and switching the name & URL of it an option at all? If so, maybe this would be the less effortless approach.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003568608-Feature-use-policies

Cheers
Mathis
how many likes? dozens? hundreds? thousands? Only about 100 songs
Hi there,

Please be sure to review this article on our Help Center. Stretching out your liking activity would be a good start to prevent your account from being blocked. Is keeping the old account and switching the name & URL of it an option at all? If so, maybe this would be the less effortless approach.

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003568608-Feature-use-policies

Cheers
Mathis

I thought about that... But on my old account, I posted a couple songs from a popular youtube channel that are just for fun and a lot of people have liked them and I don't want to delete it and take it from people that like those songs. But this new account is for my new channel for promoting music and don't want to have those songs on it. I want a fresh start. Now it's kinda impossible.