Solved

Banned from commenting

Userlevel 2
You’re not alone. Someone is asleep at the wheel and pissed off a boatload of users. Still waiting for a response but I’m not holding my breath. I’m looking for alternatives to SoundCloud. Do you have any favorite?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 3 April 2018, 18:01

Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles with this. We've received reports about this by a number of users over the Easter weekend. Unfortunately, the trust & safety systems constantly require readjustment due to the large amount of spam & fake activity we're seeing on SoundCloud, and it looks like a recent change caused for a number of users to get a block in error. We've reached out to our engineers about this and they've investigated the issue. You should be all set again now.

Thank you for hanging in there & all the best
Mathis
View original

14 replies

Hi Adam, I just saw your post. Not just me then. I heard of a platform called Young Composers - not just for the under 25's, but the young refers to new, I suppose. Good for classical composers, I guess.
I'm with you, though. The only reason I pay my subs is so that I can use the Spotlight facility - ads, profile pictures with obscene materials, fake followers advertising dubious links and they block me for trying to keep up with everyone who kindly commented on my (hard) work.
I'm spitting nails.
Userlevel 2
You are not alone ScoreBroad. It's a shame the silence from those who could help is deafening. This problem isn't going to go meekly away.

Where are the moderators in this 'Help Community'?
Indeed Davy.
Surely, running a business without customer service is dangerous ground - and telling.
Userlevel 1
This seems to be a growing issue like they had with stats a couple of months ago. I experienced the same today and it is extremely annoying. Has any moderator responded?
We're still waiting Irina. As you say, very annoying. We can only hope it's an IT issue and fixable quickly.
So, I received this message today saying that I was banned from commenting for 3 days

However, I have not received any prior warnings for commenting and I've only made around 20 comments in the past few days, so I'm not sure why I've been banned.
Edit: I was banned after replying to comments on one of my own songs.
don't worry mate I just got banned for 5 days just now for saying thanks to people who left a comment on my new track , hows that work ??
don't worry mate I just got banned for 5 days just now for saying thanks to people who left a comment on my new track , hows that work ??

That's what I was doing when I got banned, replying to comments on my new song. Did you get any warnings beforehand?
no warnings mate just banned

That's what I was doing when I got banned, replying to comments on my new song. Did you get any warnings beforehand?

and there is no one you can talk to ...

Fantastic....

Fantastic....

yep lol
Userlevel 2
Me too and a lot of others. Soundcloud is going down the shitter. they're trying to move to a new model like Spotify (good luck bro) and no longer care about they're longtime customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles with this. We've received reports about this by a number of users over the Easter weekend. Unfortunately, the trust & safety systems constantly require readjustment due to the large amount of spam & fake activity we're seeing on SoundCloud, and it looks like a recent change caused for a number of users to get a block in error. We've reached out to our engineers about this and they've investigated the issue. You should be all set again now.

Thank you for hanging in there & all the best
Mathis