Question

being set up as a an uploader of copyrighted material and not getting dinged each time.

• 17 February 2016
  • 6 replies

• Tour manager*
  • 13 replies
I had a song removed for copyright reasons and then, reinstated because my publisher (bmg) reached out. Problem is, it only did it for the one song. How do I get it setup so that when i upload a song that is attributed to me and published by bmg, the system just knows? It's going to get old real quick if I have to have bmg contact you guys every time.

thanks in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi jmob,

Sorry but only our Copyright team can guide you through this. Please get in touch with them via the email you already had open with them.

Thanks,
Gina
thanks for getting back in touch. I don't have that email. bmg does. can you give that to me?

thanks
christ, you must think I'm an idiot. I, think I'm an idiot. Yes, I have received the message through soundcloud from the copyright team. Problem is, there is no way to respond. And interestingly enough, I can't mark it as read either.

What do I do now?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
christ, you must think I'm an idiot. I, think I'm an idiot. Yes, I have received the message through soundcloud from the copyright team. Problem is, there is no way to respond. And interestingly enough, I can't mark it as read either.

What do I do now?

Hi jmob,

Please reach out to the Copyrights team directly here. Make sure you include the dispute number of the track in question and explain your case. However, ultimately, BMG might probably the best point of contact for this. (not ultimately my call, though). Hope our copyrights team can provide advice / guidance on how to proceed with this. :-)

All the best
Mathis

P.S.: That's a strong dedication to Reason you're showing on your current profile picture 🙂

What do I do now?

haha, yes. reason changed my life 🙂 and yeah, bmg is setting me up so I can upload my stuff without getting dinged. Thanks for the reply man.

ps: one weird thing, the message from soundcloud can't be marked as read. every time I do so The orange dot comes back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What do I do now?

Hi again jmob - this might actually be a bug from our end (yikes). The notification system sometimes doesn't properly recognize when a message has been read. This has actually been going on for a while now, and we're hoping this can soon be looked into.

Glad to hear you were able to sort this out with BMG.

All the best to you, jmob,
Mathis