Answered

Bio won't update on FaceBook share post message

• 15 January 2017
  • 4 replies

I have unlinked all connected accounts and I can't get the incorrect bio to update on the message that is posted to FB
icon

Best answer by Dj Next 15 January 2017, 18:56

yep that's expected, deleting your post on FB makes no difference, their cache of shared page content is independent of individual posts. make a new FB post with the old bio information then follow the steps above and refresh the FB post content. the FB post will then display the new bio information.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
FB caches external site content used in it's posts after it's been fetched. You can tell FB to fetch it again to update the cache:

* load the FB post in question (click on the timestamp link at the top of the post)
* click on the downward pointing arrow top right hand side of post
* select "refresh share attachment" from the pop up menu that appears
Thanks! However I have deleted my original and whenever I go to share from soundcloud itself it pulls up the incorrect bio.
Userlevel 3
Badge
yep that's expected, deleting your post on FB makes no difference, their cache of shared page content is independent of individual posts. make a new FB post with the old bio information then follow the steps above and refresh the FB post content. the FB post will then display the new bio information.
Ah I see, you have to do it from within FB, cheers!