Question

Blocked for liking too much, please reset this

• 10 March 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi,

I have been blocked for "liking too much" for a period of 2 days. This is very frustrating and very annoying as I am and not abusing the system in any way. In fact, it seems that the tolerance level of how much sounds I can like has decreased significantly after my first block 2 weeks ago.

What is wrong soundcloud? In order to be able to listen to the many tracks of my the people I follow, I like the sounds on moments when it is not convenient for me to listen to Soundcloud. In this way, I can listen back to my likes on moments when it is more suitable for me. How can this ever be seen as an abuse of the system?

I am an unlimited premium user and I pay a lot of money for your services. I wish to be treated fairly, albeit your automated system is designed to prevent abuse. Could you not cut the paying users some slack? My identity is verified, you have my bank details, you get my money every month, so could you just allow me to like as many sounds as I want? Besides, I never like more than 30/40 sounds a day, is that seriously considered to be abused? My subscription is ending in a couple of days and I am seriously considering not to renew it for another year.

Best,

Filip

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Filip,

Please read more about out feature use limits here.

-Gina
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Filip,

-Gina

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your prompt reply and guidance. I understand you cannot manually take off blocks, I am not asking for this. I am asking to reset my account so I can start again with a clean sheet. It seems that the tolerance level has decreased drastically after the first time I got blocked.

Could you get me into touch with somebody who could help me out, please?

Filip
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Filip,

-Gina

Hi Gina,

I haven't heard back from you on my latest question. I Would appreciate it if somebody would me out here.

Best,

Filip
Gina are you there?
Userlevel 2
If you search through the topics, you'll notice I've hit 6, yes SIX like limits at this point and I've posted about it quite frequently to make soundcloud aware of how atrocious their algorithm is and they refuse to respond or do anything about it. But at least I know they know. And they know I know that they know. 😆
Userlevel 2
Gina has never once responded to me. Who is Gina? The soundcloud rep around here? Do they have anyone else? And do they do anything else other than refer you to their inadequate policy? 🤔