Answered

Blocked for sending to many direct messages

• 25 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Hello Dear Soundcloud Community,

After sending about 15 messages to different peoples I have got a warning because I have sended out too many messages in a short period. I have clicked "Accept" and I have stopped sending messages. Today, a day after sending no more messages, I have sended 2 more messages to other peoples and got blocked for it. Now my question:
How many messages I am allowed to sending out every day without getting blocked for it?
PS: It wasn't any spam mails.
Hopefully you can help me.
icon

Best answer by EskiMo 25 March 2017, 23:31

Are you basically cut-&-pasting the same message to these people? I think that can be a problem as it gets detected as spamming. Not completely, but the biggest part. This could be the reason why I have been blocked.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Are you basically cut-&-pasting the same message to these people? I think that can be a problem as it gets detected as spamming.
Are you basically cut-&-pasting the same message to these people? I think that can be a problem as it gets detected as spamming. Not completely, but the biggest part. This could be the reason why I have been blocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Very likely, this is the case. Please see here on our Help Center for more info around that:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003568608-Feature-use-policies

Thanks!