Question

Blocked from following for 1 month!?

• 11 August 2016
  • 2 replies

So i've just been blocked for one month for following people!? A bit excessive don't you think? This is a new channel , how can you expect us to grow our accounts if you keep blocking us whenever we follow the relevant profiles....?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello,
Thanks for writing in for further clarification. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for following too many accounts, but instead for re-following the same accounts.

Our Trust & Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account follows, unfollows and then re-follows the same account(s) again in a short period of time in order to unfairly boost their own followings.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from following and unfollowing for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run in to this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best
Mathis

P.S.: Your current block will automatically be released in ~31 days. More info on our feature use policies can be found here. http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2151544-feature-use-policies?b_id=9644
Hello,
Thanks for writing in for further clarification. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for following too many accounts, but instead for re-following the same accounts.

Our Trust & Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account follows, unfollows and then re-follows the same account(s) again in a short period of time in order to unfairly boost their own followings.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from following and unfollowing for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run in to this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best
Mathis

P.S.: Your current block will automatically be released in ~31 days. More info on our feature use policies can be found here. http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2151544-feature-use-policies?b_id=9644

so I have to wait 31 days to follow someone. This is a poor change in my opinion. Was planning on paying for a pro account but this has changed my mind. The channel is for promoting new upcoming artists so I have to follow and unfollow regularly to enable the channels growth. I guess I will have to utilise other platforms such as Youtube because this is a huge set back. Thanks for the prompt response.