Question

Blocked from following with no day amount given?

• 13 June 2016
  • 2 replies

Hey all, I got blocked about 2 days ago for stupidly trying to follow a ton of people all at once and got blocked, however the blocked message is supposed to tell me how long I was blocked for and its not, it just says "You can continue following again " with no time duration. This is the first time it's happened and if someone could tell me how long I've been blocked for that would be coolio.

2 replies

I _m been blocked for had reached the 2.000 followed users, I guess, but I don _t understand why , because I _m been using soundcloud for 5 years, not followed those all people in a small period of time. I _m paying to be a pro user , I would like supporting music artists & producers & know about their new productions , and now this is not possible to me . What I have suppose to do? unfollow all those people ? Stop using Soundcloud no more? I think this is not fair play . I never spamed any other user, I _m sure that Soundcloud doesn _t have any complain about me , only used for listening to music that I like , supported artists , look for new music and producers for using in my mixes sets , cause I work like a Dj as well. I hope that I _ll be allowed to keep following/ supporting producers & labels , listening to music there soon , when they fixed that error with my profile. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello,
Thanks for writing in for further clarification. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for following too many accounts, but instead for re-following the same accounts. Our engineers are currently investigating an issue where the notifications for running into such block are not properly showing - sorry about the confusion.

Our Trust & Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account follows, unfollows and then re-follows the same account(s) again in a short period of time in order to unfairly boost their own followings.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from following and unfollowing for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run in to this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Best
Mathis

P.S.: Your current block has been released in the meantime. More info on our feature use policies can be found here. http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2151544-feature-use-policies?b_id=9644