Question

Blocked users are still in my "Followers" list.

• 11 February 2016
  • 7 replies

I've recently had a few users follow me that seemed to be bots and were spamming a bunch of ads. I decided to temporarily block my followers in fear that I might get spammed again. However, it seems I still have a few followers after I blocked all of the users from my "Followers" list. I even went as far as to report specific users for spamming, but it seems they're still in my "Followers" list. I also decided to wait and see if this might be a website updating issue, but it has already been a few hours and a majority of the users I have already blocked seem to no longer be in my "Followers" list, aside from a few remaining users.

I would like for these remaining users to no longer be a part of my "Followers" list. Is there anything I can do?

EDIT: To clarify even further, I would just like to have a clean slate and figure out a way to remove the remaining users from my "Followers" list. As stated above, the blocking method still hasn't worked. I hope this can be resolved soon.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Can you provide a screenshot and the name / URL of the users whose posts you still seem to see on your Stream? This way we can look into this further.

Cheers
Mathis
I'm happy to say that the users I wanted to get rid of are no longer in my "Followers" list. It seems I just needed to wait a bit longer for my account to update. Thanks for the reply.
I'm happy to say that the users I wanted to get rid of are no longer in my "Followers" list. It seems I just needed to wait a bit longer for my account to update. Thanks for the reply.
i have the same problem. how long had you wait, to follower from your list have disappeared?
I am new to Soundcloud and I have 2 very obvious spam followers with blue square 'get 10000 plays':
CHALMERS4 CHEN4 and BARTH8 TING8.
I blocked and reported them but they are still in the list.
It would be nice if anyone you blocked could disappear automatically from your profile.
It took me about 4-5 days. Some users might take a bit longer. If you still have any unwanted Followers after a week, be sure to make a new forum thread. I hope this helps.
Yeah, this is a rather annoying issue. Luckily, it seems there might be delay between reporting someone and actually getting rid of them from your "Followers" list. The best thing to do now is wait a few days. Be sure to not unmute the users you currently have blocked as that might make the delay longer. Be sure to make a new forum thread if you still have any unwanted users after a week or so. I hope this helps.
The offending spammers have now gone, so yes, it is worth reporting them and waiting a few days.