Question

Can i report or block a website from adding views to my page?

My podcast is about three month old and i know its growing in listenership. but today i got 10 plays from a website; http://soundcloud-shop.org/plans/ I want to know how many actual people have listened to my show. Even though its nice to have more plays id rather not have them playing my tracks. Also they are trying to take your money yo.
Thanks, Dexter Sorenson of The Dexplanations podcast

23 replies

I came over to report just that. They have been going to my profile for the past couple of days and giving me hits on one of my mixsets. I'm going to post an image for everyone to see.

Looks like they are from the Netherlands.

It would be nice if Soundcloud could block them and if you don't mind, remove all hits from them.

Thanks

Same here. I don‘t want those plays! Can we do anything about them?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
As they are using SoundCloud's name and logo and claim to be compliant with SoundCloud's terms & conditions I think SoundCloud can take legal action against them.
However any fake plays they've given you cannot be removed.
As they are using SoundCloud's name and logo and claim to be compliant with SoundCloud's terms & conditions I think SoundCloud can take legal action against them.
However any fake plays they've given you cannot be removed.

That sucks, they are using some random people's account to hit my mixset. Looks like people who paid for the service. Some of them have thousands of views with no reshares or comments; very sketchy.
same
I have been getting "plays" too through Soundcloud-shop.org. 40 yesterday and 40 today, and I bet 40 tomorrow too! Would like this to stop immediately and perhaps wash their mouths out with soap while you're at it....it tastes terrible, I know from the time I used the f word in front of my grandmother when I was a kid.
Same here.... Can we do anything about them? @SoundCloud Community Support
Quite, I have had lots of "plays" from them, you click on any user and you think it is from Soundcloud, I don't want any "plays" from this "shop".
It distorts true figures and makes you think it is from Soundcloud
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately, we have no means of 100% confirming whether or not your recent spike in plays came from a fraudulent source.

It could be that someone paid to boost the popularity of this account, or that it was mistakenly subject to fake activity intended for another account. I'd also recommend if you have anyone helping with promotion (socials, etc) to ensure they are not purchasing fake activity.

I'm afraid we do not have the technical means of reverting, or adjusting, play counts. This is because unlike fake likes, follows or reposts these plays are not actioned by a specific SoundCloud account/user that can be removed. You can delete and re-upload a track to refresh the play count, but keep in mind this means all Likes, Comments and Re-posts will also be lost. To prevent further plays being attracted to your track, you can try changing the track URL for a small time. Plays are often bought for specific track links and this may divert them.

I understand this is not ideal, but please know we are working towards this though so in the future we can eradicate this problem and be in a better position to combat and remove fake play activity.
This is still happening got over 50 plays from this same web site posted by the OP. Would love to block that.
@Mathis This keeps happening to us. No one from our team is buying likes. Lately it was from sound-promo.fun once again it links back to
http://soundcloud-shop.org/plans/ . Can you ban these sights all together?
We are getting this problem as well. Don't want our channel being shut down because of suspected fraudulent plays. No one from our team has paid for this. The source of our hits comes from:

promo-sound.site

Would love to be able to block individual sites if that's at all possible?
We are getting this problem as well. Don't want our channel being shut down because of suspected fraudulent plays. No one from our team has paid for this. The source of our hits comes from:

promo-sound.site
Would love to be able to block individual sites if that's at all possible?

When clicked does it link to soundcloud-shop.org? They seem to be spamming with satellite sites. I hope soundcloud can address this soon.

promo-sound.siteWould love to be able to block individual sites if that's at all possible?
When clicked does it link to soundcloud-shop.org? They seem to be spamming with satellite sites. I hope soundcloud can address this soon.

Yes, it does link through to soundcloud-shop.org.
We have started to receive 50 plays from these two sites: soundboost.site / promo-sound.site. Please give us a way to report and remove these unwanted plays.
We have started to receive 50 plays from these two sites: soundboost.site / promo-sound.site. Please give us a way to report and remove these unwanted plays.

Same at my channel - just want to put it here, so in case of some issues at least I have reported... 😶
I'm tired of this activity too, these are the websites that have attacked my account, I've set the stats to All Time to see how many plays these sites have pumped out altogether.
It seems everyone here is reporting the same websites that are pumping out fake plays, I don't want my account banned, I've been here for 5 years!

Me too. I've sent an emails to them (Support@soundcloud-shop.org) and they are still doing 50 unwanted fake-plays a day.
Having the same annoying issue as well! We host a podcast and we are Souncloud pro users. We pay to monitor our stats and we get fake plays? We have in no way paid for these and it's making it difficult to track our plays and manage our podcast!

What steps are being made to resolve this @SoundCloud Community Support ??
Same here. Have sent two requests to SC. They say they banned the site, but ive now had two tracks since infested with these fake plays. I'm extremely annoyed by this. Soundcloud cant even control their own platform. It sucks.
Same here, I'm getting unwanted fake plays from these promo-cloud.site guys. I've never asked nor paid for them, and suddenly each new track I upload is guaranteed to have 50 plays from them. What can be done about this? I've only ever wanted a genuine audience, not artificially inflated figures.
yo deadass this page is so fucking annoying it adds plays all the time and i can't stop it
Same here, I'm getting unwanted fake plays from these promo-cloud.site guys. I've never asked nor paid for them, and suddenly each new track I upload is guaranteed to have 50 plays from them. What can be done about this? I've only ever wanted a genuine audience, not artificially inflated figures.
facts and i feel it hurts the natural flow of people with fake people . so annoying !