Answered

Can I request access to a URL that fits my brand that is currently being used by another account?

• 18 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I would like to change my SoundCloud URL/Handle from, "KantorOfficial" to "KantorMusic".

The current owner of the handle "KantorMusic" is hardly active on his SoundCloud account, with 2 followers and 4 tracks, all below 10 plays. They are also a free user of SoundCloud whereas I am a proud Pro Account subscriber and have been for years now.

My account is currently sitting at 33.8k followers with over 160 different tracks and play counts in the millions on some uploads. This is my professional artist account, that I use to represent my artist profile. I am currently rebranding to "Kantor" (my surname) from my previous alias "5 & A Dime" and any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by raphi 19 August 2018, 05:53

I wouldn't know the official answer or anything but I definitely do not think that any website can just give away something like a personal profile url away like that no matter how long you have been with them nor how much money you give them. I am not an expert on how Soundcloud works but that most likely goes against what they would be willing to do as well.

Luckily there is a messaging feature which allows you to contact a user. Use that to try to get in touch with them. If they don't reply then you'll just have to get creative. Don't worry, I've been in the same boat before. I developed and formulated the exact perfect name for myself that I wanted to use and just when I was signing up the system informed me that the name was already taken. And by someone who literally does nothing (diff website). It can be frustrating but with any website which allows users to create personalized names, url, etc. this is bound to happen.

I'm sure you can think of something different from exactly "KantorMusic." Try adding punctuation (I forgot if that's allowed) or just think outside the box. My url is "raphimakesnoise" because someone took "raphi". I mean honestly it's really nice that Soundcloud even has the feature; where you can just change your url after years like that. Most websites don't have that feature. Just don't expect Soundcloud to simply take someone else's url and give it to you like that. That's the type of thing that makes them lose users and makes users lose trust.

View original

2 replies

وناة
I wouldn't know the official answer or anything but I definitely do not think that any website can just give away something like a personal profile url away like that no matter how long you have been with them nor how much money you give them. I am not an expert on how Soundcloud works but that most likely goes against what they would be willing to do as well.

Luckily there is a messaging feature which allows you to contact a user. Use that to try to get in touch with them. If they don't reply then you'll just have to get creative. Don't worry, I've been in the same boat before. I developed and formulated the exact perfect name for myself that I wanted to use and just when I was signing up the system informed me that the name was already taken. And by someone who literally does nothing (diff website). It can be frustrating but with any website which allows users to create personalized names, url, etc. this is bound to happen.

I'm sure you can think of something different from exactly "KantorMusic." Try adding punctuation (I forgot if that's allowed) or just think outside the box. My url is "raphimakesnoise" because someone took "raphi". I mean honestly it's really nice that Soundcloud even has the feature; where you can just change your url after years like that. Most websites don't have that feature. Just don't expect Soundcloud to simply take someone else's url and give it to you like that. That's the type of thing that makes them lose users and makes users lose trust.