Question

Cannot add email address. It says it is already in use and it is not.

• 28 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I was able to add the second email address (after the default Primary one), I tried to add another one and it displays an error saying that the account is already in use, which is not, it is a new one in the list. The first address is a Gmail account and this other is Hotmail. Any ideas?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, in 99% of cases like this one, the email address is indeed in use on SoundCloud already, but the user is sometimes not aware, as it was created at some point accidentally. Thus, the first thing I'd recommend you try is open an incognito / private browser window and try to sign in with the email address that is supposedly in use already. If this doesn't work, use the forgot password link on the sign in window.

When you receive the email, be sure that you're either not logged in to any SoundCloud account on your browser, or copy the link to reset the password and paste it into a new incognito browser window to make sure there is no mix up with other accounts of yours.

If none of this helps, please reach out to our Account Access team so they can investigate this case further. You can do so here.

Cheers
Mathis
Im having the same issue as the OP, Ive created a brand new email address that is not in use in Soundcloud,, and have doubled checked it trying to login with the new email address however im still getting the message that the email address is in use when i try to change the primary email address.

Ive opened a ticket but no reply so far.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Im having the same issue as the OP, Ive created a brand new email address that is not in use in Soundcloud,, and have doubled checked it trying to login with the new email address however im still getting the message that the email address is in use when i try to change the primary email address.

Ive opened a ticket but no reply so far.

Hey there @Accelerated Culture it looks like someone from the support team helped you out on that - glad to see you're back on track. Reaching out via the contact form (i.e. opening a ticket) is usually the best way to get things like this sorted out. Though it might take a bit longer, we can make sure all personal data is secure.

Cheers
Mathis