Answered

Commenting disabled??

• 28 February 2017
  • 3 replies

So im a music producer, and I listen to other rappers music and comment on there songs. None of my comments are spam, and the only way to get my beats heard, is if I collaborate with other people. But when i try to comment on peoples tracks, i keep getting disabled. Either you guys have a horrible commenting system, or theres something wrong on my part. I have been temporarily blocked for 6 days and i cannot even respond to someone. My page will go unresponsive and I cannot do anything about it. Please help
icon

Best answer by JessN 28 February 2017, 14:57

Agreed. Your comments are 20% about the tracks and 80% about you. I understand that a lot of comments on rap tracks are one or two word compliments. Try and make yours stand out more. Rather than just "Dope", add something like "You remind me of XXX and XXXX". Later, add another comment on the final chorus or a clever lyrical twist. It looks like you've listened to them and you're interested in what they've done. You're not just commenting to sell yourself. Then send them a message. "I'm the guy who said you remind me of XXX and XXXX on your track "TITLE HERE". I also like "ANOTHER TITLE HERE". Then talk about yourself.

See if this works better.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
I don't work for SoundCloud so don't know their rules but I've looked at the comments section of your profile. There's a lot of them and they are all almost exactly the same, you could be sending them without really listening to the track you are commenting on. It might be that someone gets so many messages like this that they reported you as spam, and it isn't some auto-detection system of SoundCloud.
Userlevel 2
instead of spam commenting other ppls tracks, try to build connections and relationships to vocalists and rappers.
tbh, if i was a rapper and received a comment like that i'd prolly mark your comment as spam too.
Userlevel 3
Agreed. Your comments are 20% about the tracks and 80% about you. I understand that a lot of comments on rap tracks are one or two word compliments. Try and make yours stand out more. Rather than just "Dope", add something like "You remind me of XXX and XXXX". Later, add another comment on the final chorus or a clever lyrical twist. It looks like you've listened to them and you're interested in what they've done. You're not just commenting to sell yourself. Then send them a message. "I'm the guy who said you remind me of XXX and XXXX on your track "TITLE HERE". I also like "ANOTHER TITLE HERE". Then talk about yourself.

See if this works better.