Answered

Copyright blocking my own music

• 1 April 2017
  • 1 reply

I was trying to to upload music but it was removed for copyright. It is my own music, but then I noticed Distrokid, which I use for digital release, sent it to Soundcloud but I can't find it anywhere. Can someone help me with this confusion. https://soundcloud.com/user-420278450 is my account and 840095346603 is the UPC. It is crazy my own music being blocked. Someone help me understand this.
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 1 April 2017, 21:06

You should contact Distrokid to make sure your SoundCloud account is whitelisted so you can upload your own released music. If they've uploaded it themselves somewhere and you're not finding it under an artist or title search it's not much help. Ask them where they've put it and get them to correct anything wrong with the listing. It might end up that they put it into your profile for you.
Also, you should change your URL to some version of your name. It looks better, plus you won't risk being mistaken for a bot profile!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
You should contact Distrokid to make sure your SoundCloud account is whitelisted so you can upload your own released music. If they've uploaded it themselves somewhere and you're not finding it under an artist or title search it's not much help. Ask them where they've put it and get them to correct anything wrong with the listing. It might end up that they put it into your profile for you.
Also, you should change your URL to some version of your name. It looks better, plus you won't risk being mistaken for a bot profile!