copyright on a vocal cover

• 6 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Urgent-emergency!!!!

My account is Kelly sova. I uploaded a vocal cover of death of a strawberry and it got taken down for copyright. I then filed a copyright dispute thing saying I believe I had the right to upload to soundcloud because it was a vocal cover and not me saying i owned the song. It was just me singing over the instrumental on YouTube.

I hope my account doesent get terminated, I’m really scared

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Kelly,

Please see here for more info about cover versions & copyright on SoundCloud. From what I can see, your track was picked up by the automatic content ID system, which scans all uploads for copyright protected material. This means that you do not receive a strike for it (a strike is only issued on an account when the rights holder reaches out to SoundCloud personally and reports the infringement), i.e. your track was simply blocked from your account.

If you have further questions, please reach out to the copyrights team directly.

All the best
Mathis
Hello, Mathis I just paid for my Soundcloud pro unlimited wanting to make monthly installments of $16.00 In stead I was charged $144 for the whole year while still getting charged $16.00 for this month. I would like to request a refund for the whole $144 and continue to make my payments monthly as i did not mean to or want to pay the lump sum up front. Thank you , YOUNGKAZ