Solved

Curious case of Infringement - Not so much pissed, but curious how to deal with it.

Hey folks,

I'll copy/paste the text I wrote in the Copyright Infringement Form before I realized I completely misunderstood how it worked.. cough.. Still, thoughts? If you have any questions, let me know, the text might not explain it clearly enough - especially if you're not aware of things like the 90's PC Demoscene and music created in trackers.

All the best,
Fabian (aka Sonic/Destiny :)

----- COPY PASTE ---

Hi,

I stumbled upon a literal repost of one of my earlier tracks. As in, really really old.. about before the internet old.. 🙂 I'm not extremely pissed off, but I *do* wonder how things like thisare dealt with.

Here is all the information I can give you to check this report (again, I realize this might be a bit tricky, depending on your background, but it still is pretty freaking blatant thievery in the end, so, there you go..)

The infringing (?) track in this case:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-alundra/dj-alundra-dream-alone-sonic-destiny-2015

Here is the original :
https://files.scene.org/view/mirrors/flerp/.1/DEMO.'99/TakeOver.'99/HouseMusic/dtn-drm.zip

That needs some explanation.. The second link is a zipped version of the original module (mt2 format, a late tracker format). I hope you folks are aware of what that is and how to play it? I linked the original .zip - since it confirms the actual date I made it public. If you need a mp3, Sort of. Close enough though.

If you have trouble playing it, here is a version of it on soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/novaone/destiny-remaster-sonic-dream-alone

Although I realize I actually uploaded that way later than the infringer, *grin*.

He/she even used the title and my nickname. Which made me wonder briefly if it was for some other kind of purpose, but the comment suggests pretty definitive he/she made the track.

Best,
Fabian

TL;DR -
Curious how you deal with this? It's 100% infringement, but the situation isn't really average.
icon

Best answer by klearnote 5 February 2017, 06:09

The easiest way to deal with copyright infringement for someone who has uploaded one of your tracks into their account is to click on the Icon image for the track and then press the Report link on the left side of the screen. In among several report types, you'll want to select the copyright infringement report type. Then follow through with the information it requires and submit.

Good Luck.

View original

2 replies

..or should I have posted this in a general discussion forum? Don't judge me, I'm from before the internet. *grin*
The easiest way to deal with copyright infringement for someone who has uploaded one of your tracks into their account is to click on the Icon image for the track and then press the Report link on the left side of the screen. In among several report types, you'll want to select the copyright infringement report type. Then follow through with the information it requires and submit.

Good Luck.