Deleting tracks that were blocked due to a copyright issue

Userlevel 4
Once a track has been blocked for copyright infringement it isn't possible to delete them from your account and they will remain on your track manager page.

These tracks will not count towards your account quota.

They won't be playable or publicly available on your profile, and you'll only be able to see them if you're logged into your account. The tracks will be listed on your track manager page to let you know the status of the tracks on your account and to alert you to any tracks that might need attention in case you would like to dispute the takedowns.

If you would like to file a dispute, you can do so here.

All the best,
Gina & Mathis

This topic has been closed for comments

67 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Delete old track.

Hi, Mrs, Mr

I would like to delete the track on my soundcloud called "

X - MAS 2014 - Mix 100 % Garage Vs Bass Music (Mattzzka Mix)" but the This track has been removed for copyright reasons that's why i request someone work at souncloud to delete this track.

Kind regards,

Mattzzka

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Removing Copyright material for time extension.

Please Remove Copyrighted sets of our allowed times. You say hover over and delete but this does not work. You also claim that this time does not count against us but it sure does. Fix the problem or lose your customers.
Ethereal Pulse wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Removing Copyright material for time extension.

Please Remove Copyrighted sets of our allowed times. You say hover over and delete but this does not work. You also claim that this time does not count against us but it sure does. Fix the problem or lose your customers.

Hi,

I removed all remix and sets there are 1 week ago on my soundcloud and i don't claim my remix and sets because i don't have the rights and the copyright that's why i can't fix.
Why are some covers allowed and other covers are not? How do I know which ones are ok? Even if I do an acoustic version it is still able to be blocked? Do I just upload what I want and soundcloud takes down what they want? I don't get it. I looked at the help articles. Didn't answer my question.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mix was taken down for copyright. I am ok with removing it but all i can do it d....

I uploaded a short mix about a year ago and It is using up my upload minutes. There is no option to remove it, only dispute the removal of it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
XELA wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Mix was taken down for copyright. I am ok with removing it but all i can do it d....

I uploaded a short mix about a year ago and It is using up my upload minutes. There is no option to remove it, only dispute the removal of it.

Hi Xela,

Copyright takedowns actually do not count against your quota. If you seem to have exceeded you're quota, please see here for other possible reasons.
Userlevel 2
XELA wrote:

I understand if Soundcloud counts it as a strike but after one year with no other violations or disputes from me, why not remove the mark? It would seem logical to have it visible for a set period but permanently??? It becomes an eyesore.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i need help deleting my tracks that have been deleted for copyright how do i do i....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Deleting previous hidden tracks!.

Hi.

I have couple tracks from years ago that are hidden (i.e due to some copyright issues) and even though I have 2 tracks currently and the stats appear that I have 8 tracks.

I would like to delete those tracks and put the track numbers to 2 and I have some problems with it.

Would you please help me out?

Thank you so much.

Best,
Kevin
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copyright / Time quota issue..

I uploaded a mix about a year ago containing a copy written song, and now I want to delete it but can't. It has taken up part of my time quota and now that I want to upload a new mix I can't because I'm about 15 minutes short.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I remove a song that won't play due to copyright?.

A song I uploaded will not play due to copyright and it will not allow me to remove it from my track list. Any way I can do this?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i can't delete a track from my profile because of the copy rights .. can you do i....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copyright tracks count in upload time.

Hi,

There are 3 mixes in my profile that are blocked because of copyright. They still count in my upload time! I want to upload an own produced track now, but I can't because I'm over time.
Please help me with this.

Thanks a lot

Grtz,
Jasper
XELA wrote:

Hi SC,

Why do you guys never answer/listen to the evidence adduced against a Copyright allegation? And why isn't it just enough to just delete a track instead of banning users who put a lot of work and money in Soundcloud! We thought SC was a place where everyone can share their creativity with the world and it would not be another kind of instrument of the major labels. Cheers, Julian Mae (Frozen/Banned) https://soundcloud.com/julianmae
Can someone please fix or provide a solution for this problem for once and for all? I don't even WANT this track uploaded on my soundcloud, it shouldn't even be a matter of disputing anything, I want it off my tracklist and I want my minutes back...why can't I just delete it...PLEASE soundcloud, step up your game, don't do this to your users...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Uploaded a Clean Edit And caused copyright but can not remove track and is taking....

Hi I uploaded some clean edits to my account thinking that there would be no copyright issue and it was taken down.. the thing is is that I can not remove the track and it is taking up my minutes :9 please help.
Userlevel 2
It sometimes registers under your minutes but it has never prevented a playback in my experience... i also know that the actual minutes may take an hour to update. These are soundcloud roll over glitches.
You can download a free "time calculator" and check the minutes yourself. As i said I havent been prevented to play tracks even if the system isn't reading the minutes correctly.
Userlevel 2
Removed tracks can only be seen by you and should not count against your minutes. That is a SoundCloud claim.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why can't I delete a track that has been removed due to copyright infringement. I....

Why can't I delete a track that has been removed due to copyright infringement. It looks totally unprofessional when I only have 8 tracks and it says I have 11? I am a pro user as well. This is so annoying because it bugs me.
So if I'm going to be forced to keep tracks that I did not know were blocked, HOW do I know whats going to be blocked? I do covers and I have no clue what songs are going to be copyrighted or not and playing minefield with my covers isn't fun.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hello! please help delete locked tracks 3 years ago.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I delete tracks that have taken down due to copyright issues..

I have a couple of tracks from over a year ago that still show up under my tracklist, this is annoying as its used up my time allowance??

I currently have no public tracks or no allowance to have any at all as all my time is taken up with copyrighted tracks..

I'm not going to upgrade to a pro account whilst they are on there using up my minutes..
I have 2 tracks that were blocked years ago and they are actually being counted towards the time usage... How do we fix this?
XELA wrote:

RED
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do you get your upload time back from a copyrighted song?.

I am new to this, but whenever I get a copyrighted song deleted, my time to upload songs goes down, making me have less upload time to upload any non-copyrighted songs, how do I fix this?