Answered

Does anyone know how to merge 2 accounts?

• 23 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Hey

We had a free account and I wanted to upgrade to Pro. The person in my department accidentally created a whole new account rather than upgrading our existing one.

Is there a way to merge the old free account in to the new Pro account?

If not, is there some way to contact soundcloud and have them apply to pro status/payment to our existing free account? The one she created is empty anyway, so I don't mind deleting it.

Thanks

Dave
icon

Best answer by Mathis 24 February 2017, 11:37

Hi there,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to merge two accounts into one at this time. Please see here on our Help Center.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to merge two accounts into one at this time. Please see here on our Help Center.
Okay, then who do I contact in the accounts department to move the "pro" payment to the right account and delete the one that was created accidentally?
Would it not be easier for you to move the content from the free account into the pro one? You could do that yourselves. Can you post links to the two accounts to get an idea of how much you need to move?
No, a 3 minute phone call or live chat to change the account the payment was made on is easier.

This is an easy fix to a simple problem if they have proper customer support. We probably won't continue with the service now that we know they don't. Why would I be okay with wasting my own time to manually move files, have my links broken, and rebrand as opposed to a simple administrative change on their end? This is a paid pro account, I expect better support.