Question

Duo Box Records sent me a message?

• 17 February 2017
  • 10 replies

Checked my inbox a bit ago and someone saying they are from Duo Box Records and Kundry Music and wants to release my music to digital stores. I don't know if it's real.. would be nice. I sent a response to them and all but haven't got a response yet, though it's only been an hour since the initial message was sent. I would like to verify if the person in actually who they say they are but can't seem too find a way to be sure.

Do any of you have any experience of this or knowledge of scams related?

10 replies

I just received a message from Duo Box Manager saying the same regarding signing me up on a record contract. But sadly I can't afford such a venture. Very flattering to be given such an offer even if real or unreal. I can dream tho 🙂
ingenious name of the label. very good subscription and easy search engines. A great brand
Even IF they are legit, you’re always taking a risk when you’re sending someone money that’s in another country. Please consider that.
they sent me a message too!, but I dont understand what they want... because I dont produce, I use soundcloud for do my sessions..
Checked my inbox a bit ago and someone saying they are from Duo Box Records and Kundry Music and wants to release my music to digital stores. I don't know if it's real.. would be nice. I sent a response to them and all but haven't got a response yet, though it's only been an hour since the initial message was sent. I would like to verify if the person in actually who they say they are but can't seem too find a way to be sure.

Do any of you have any experience of this or knowledge of scams related?

What did it say in the Email?
Is this scam or is it real? Because if someone was interested in what i do, [Nightcore, Bass boosting etc.]
that would be amazing. So really i`m just wondering if i could make a career out of this😊
Independent labels are not major labels. They do not have infinite funding. Regardless of who they are, where they're stationed, if they're physical or a net label, independent labels require some sort of funding from the artists they sign to help with production, recording costs, promotion, distribution, etc. In the grand scheme of things, $165 is not a lot of money.
HELLO!
What do you want to know about us ??
as far as I know.. 160 Euro which is $165.. what should I do?
Nevermind, it's obvious
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
See this thread about them here:
https://soundcloudcommunity.com/account-access-copyright-trust-safety-229932/duo-box-records-7347118/index1.html#post17962993

Yes, they are a real label, but they want money to release your tracks which isn't normal behavior for a label.