Answered

Everytime i sign out of my account my password isn't recognised when i try and sign back in. So i keep changing it and the same thing keeps happening.... Hacked??

• 1 December 2014
  • 1 reply

Password being changed as soon as I log out
icon

Best answer by Mathis 1 December 2014, 15:21

Hey there,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see. I've looked into this from our end just now, and there isn't any indication of your account being hacked. Thus, I'd recommend to do some basic maintenance here.

I usually recommend this in a step further down the line, but can you try and see how this works in a browser that you normally don't use? Safari, Firefox, Chrome, you name it. The important thing here is that your browser hasn't saved any information - a clear cache, no cookies, no saved passwords whatsoever. If you're using a browser that is already installed on your computer, you might want to reset it to its default settings before proceeding.

Now, depending on the outcome of this, here's what you could try and do in your browser of choice that you normally use.

To start fresh, could you clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one?
Next, please follow these steps:

- Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).

- If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for posting. Hmm, let's see. I've looked into this from our end just now, and there isn't any indication of your account being hacked. Thus, I'd recommend to do some basic maintenance here.

I usually recommend this in a step further down the line, but can you try and see how this works in a browser that you normally don't use? Safari, Firefox, Chrome, you name it. The important thing here is that your browser hasn't saved any information - a clear cache, no cookies, no saved passwords whatsoever. If you're using a browser that is already installed on your computer, you might want to reset it to its default settings before proceeding.

Now, depending on the outcome of this, here's what you could try and do in your browser of choice that you normally use.

To start fresh, could you clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one?
Next, please follow these steps:

- Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).

- If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis