Question

Fake plays?

• 6 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Hey everyone, I'm a music artist who is just beginning to expand my fan base. I've uploaded a few songs and have gotten a good amount of plays at a steady basis. However, in the past few days, I've been noticing some strange activity on one of my tracks.

This track had around 150-200 plays after 2 days and for some reason is now at 900 and growing by 2 or 3 more every few seconds. I suspect that very few of these are real because there's no reason for my track to almost quadruple in plays when no new blog has featured it. I even made the song private for a while and the numbers continued to increase. I have no use for fake plays and number boosting stats and am not responsible for this. If anything, it's damaging to my artist reputation because it looks like I'm paying for plays.

What can I do to prevent this from happening or stop this from happening? Is it just a potential bug on my track or what's going on?

The song link is: https://soundcloud.com/ezeemoney100/i-wont

Thanks!
- Ezee Money

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
The first thing I would do is change the track URL and see if that stops it. Let us know as it would be useful info for other people in the same situation.
If you had a pro account you could see if lots of plays were coming from the same location or from a particular website.

If the track is only a couple of days old it might be worth removing it and re-uploading it.