Question

Have I been blocked from following? I'm a paying customer and can't get any response!

Hi,
I'm a paying customer, I've contacted support but no reply?
I've had no notification of a block, but I can't follow. I don't deem I am excessively following, but then, I have no guidelines or daily limits to follow? I am a professional producer trying to build a fan base on Soundcloud. I've already read your guidelines but they are not clear and I want some clarification (via private message if necessary) as to your following, favouriting etc limits, please.
I want to work within safe promotional levels and expand my fan base without the risk of blocks.
I am paying for a service I am not receiving and legally you should tell me the limits of my product. I deem soundclouds actions unfair as we the customer have no clear terms & conditions on how to use your site correctly, so therefore I am not receiving the product I paid for. The limits were never explained on payment (or that there were any limits, until I received a warning) so how can I follow the rules if there are none? I've read that you "should not spam others" I think that is open to interpretation, so how much, following, liking etc is deemed spam? I have absolutely no idea!
Sorry if I come across frustrated but this impacts my livelihood and it's not funny especially when no one seems to care?
Please can someone help..... Cheers!

20 replies

Userlevel 2
+1, i don't receive any mail notification for at least one month.
It's a disgrace, got it back today, 7 follows later (is that Spamming?) a block and no message. I'm not sure if I've added them before or what, how are you supposed to remember? I think it's time to cancel and promote on another site, the customer support is absolute rubbish. This is why Soundcloud is sinking!
Userlevel 2
Yesterday, i spent an hour checking tracks of people i'm following, and though i'm quite confused i think i can say :

Nothing for one month, something like since i upgraded to unlimited ;
For some people i noticed a 7 Months "hole", they posted a lot of tracks during that time, and i don't have a clue how i could have missed them.

There's a big problem with Soundcloud from what i see on this forum (subbed to all new threads and it is common issue), or it has always been and i was not aware.

I feel like to cancel my subscription in the near next days if nothing is done, and give money elksewhere where i'm already in. I never had a pb with Soundcloud for 3 years, build all my relationships via and thanks to it, i'm grateful and give ten bucks without a thought for that reason. But if i loose all my connections, and can't trust the support, i leave.
Which other site(s) do you use, is it for producers or do you know of any up and coming ones?
Userlevel 2
hearthis.at/davidboura/ and this works great, just less people (for the moment).

You can already setup a free account without time limitation to begin with, their Soundcloud import lets you do this in less than 20 minutes.

Cheerz
Awesome, you're a star. Less people is fine, I want the freedom to showcase my work without all the crazy restrictions! Thank you for taking the timeout to let me know, I will check it out!
Userlevel 2
You're very welcome 😉
Nice work by the way and I like the site, clean simple and loads of ways to attract people to your music! I like it!
Userlevel 2
And it works great, it always seemed to me the sound is better there, just to say ^^
I'm just setting up an account now...it's so easy to use I am looking forward to finding my way around and I will add you too! Thanks again!
Userlevel 2
If you have any issue, feel free to ask me.
For example don't close the little windows that opens up when you Soundcloud import. Let it run.
Ok super, thank you, I will give you a shout if I need some help, I've added you on there.
Userlevel 2
Nice, i'll take a listen to your music!
While this, i've canceled my Soundcloud subscription and came back to free mode.
Up to them to decide.
I think it's time for me to do the same...it's a shame really!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi@EVOORGi,

Sorry to hear you ran into a block. I've looked into your account details to see where this might have come from.

To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for following too many accounts, but instead for re-following the same accounts. Our Trust / Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account follows, unfollows and then re-follows the same account(s) again in a short period of time in order to unfairly boost their own followings.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from following and unfollowing for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run in to this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

The block has by now been released from your account.

Happy SoundClouding, happy hearthis-ing ;-)

Cheers
Mathis
Hi@EVOORGi,

Sorry to hear you ran into a block. I've looked into your account details to see where this might have come from.

To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for following too many accounts, but instead for re-following the same accounts. Our Trust / Safety team has implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account follows, unfollows and then re-follows the same account(s) again in a short period of time in order to unfairly boost their own followings.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from following and unfollowing for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run in to this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi could you pleass unblock me too? Because i use the app,and something is wrong with your soundcloud app,showing artists i have followed already not follow yet,so i follow them again,then i get block,i cant listen or liking songs,could you take a look also please 😞
Hi@EVOORGi,

Cheers
Mathis

Hi@Mathis

Thank you for getting back to me. I've finally been in direct contact with your support team and discussed further. I was not aware I was re-following people I'd followed before. I've never had the problem before, (in all my time of using Soundcloud) but also it was down to the notifications not working so I was unaware I was even doing it until it was too late. They're looking into the notification side of things which is great news (thanks guys!). I do however wish to express, that the last thing I want to do is spam others. It was a genuine error on my part, but I'm curator trying to expand & build his fan base so I can't remember everyone I've interacted with (My Bad). I am very puzzled that SoundCloud don't like to promote that kind of ethos though? Or am I ill informed? I would of thought that me doing this is a good thing as I'm wanting to sell my product through your site and in turn I'm promoting Soundcloud (we all win?). But I have taken on board whats been said and will now invest my time more heavily in other Social media platforms to promote.
Please be clear this is not a personal attack at anyone (especially you), I'm just expressing my views and the last thing I want is to offend anyone. I'm just a little upset that in a difficult enough industry, Soundcloud do not seem to support or want to support the serious little guy in their efforts to succeed.

Thanks again for your help and clarification, I know it's not your fault.
Cheers
EVOORGi
Userlevel 2
Hi@EVOORGi,

Cheers
Mathis

I'm not sure what "blocked from following" means, but here i don't receive emails notifications at all for at least one month. I complained here and there, but had no one word from your team, so i simply canceled my pro sub.
Just to say.
Hi@EVOORGi,

Cheers
Mathis

please help, can't follow anyone...how can i know if my account is blocked? I did NOT recieve any notifications

https://soundcloud.com/funeraldisco
You Need to leave people alone, who you don't know.
that's why you were blocked. you are very lucky you did not get a permanent ban