Question

Have to reset my password every time I want to login because Soundcloud won't accept any password even after a reset.

• 20 August 2015
  • 7 replies

I have to reset my password every time I want to login to my account because Soundcloud won't accept any password even after I reset it. I've tried waiting weeks and using different browsers/computers.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there v394,

Thanks for getting in touch. Hmm, this sure sounds weird. On SoundCloud's end, I'd recommend to first of all revoke access to any connected applications, then try on one computer or mobile device, with one browser or the app. This way we can isolate the issue further. You can do this after logging in here: http://soundcloud.com/settings/connections

From the way you describe your issue, I assume that you are not using our Facebook or Google+ integration. If this is the case, however, please go to https://soundcloud.com/login/forgot and request a new password. Once you've gone through this process, disconnect Facebook and / or Google+ in your connection settings.

Other then that, what does your internet connection look like? Are you behind a firewall, maybe a company firewall? Or a proxy server or VPN?

If this continues to be an issue, please let us know which operating system and browser you're using, and which other browsers you've tested. Also, if you haven't done so already, please make sure to run the basic steps outlined here.

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Just one last thing that came to mind - if you have your browser automatically store your password(s), or if you're using a password manager such as 1password or lastpass, please make sure to disable these and clear the passwords that these extensions or your browser might have saved for you in the past. Let's get to the bottom of this 🙂
Have the same problem here, did you find any solution ?
I tried to log in from a different computer and it did not solve anything.
Just magically started working. I have no idea what it was that caused the issue. I assume it was on Soundcloud's end.
Just magically started working. I have no idea what it was that caused the issue. I assume it was on Soundcloud's end.
Did u do something particular before you noticed it worked again plz ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Have you cleared your cache and cookies and started with a fresh browser window? Or tried it in incognito mode?

-Gina
Yeas, thank you, it magically works now !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Great to hear 🙂