Solved

Heavily spammed newsfeed, on desktop and mobile app.

• 28 November 2016
  • 9 replies

Hello,

For about 2 months now I've been constantly recevieng updates in my newsfeed from accounts I do not follow and have absolutely no relevant interest in following them and to listen to their content. Furthermore, my "following" section grows with people I have no desire to actually follow them, so it's clear that this is a spamming issue.

I performed a factory reset on my mobile device a while back, nothing changed. I even repled my handset which was in need for an upgrade and I keep getting the same issue, so the problem is not on my local devices. On desktop I am running OS X El Cap, and the issues are also present there, regardless of which browser I use.

Below I am attaching some of the accounts names that have been spamming my newsfeed. Haven't blocked them yet for the sake of this thread.

Is there something else I can do to stop this issue, please? Currently my newsfeed is 90-95% spammed content.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 30 November 2016, 10:59

Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles - there was a bug causing for tracks to appear on some users' Stream although they weren't following the user who had reposted the tracks. The bug has now been fixed, and I've made sure your Stream is sorted out, @meandoz.

Thanks for reaching out to the Help Community, and thanks for hanging in there!

Cheers
Mathis
View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
That's weird. If you don't follow those accounts you shouldn't see them in your stream.
But may be you refer to something else when you say "newsfeed"?
I looked at the Homerun House acocunt - looks legit to me. They are followed by 10.2 k accounts - and they themselves only follow 117.
Indeed only follow those that you want to hear.
Hello Oorlab, thanks for your reply.
When I said newsfeed I was referring at my stream. Besides the people I follow, I also get posts from people I do not follow. Here are a couple of screenshots:

There you can see pretty clearly that I am indeed NOT following them and I still receive updates from their part.

Besides this, new accounts keep appearing in my "following" section without my permission.

I also did a kind of "reset" to my "following" list a few weeks back (unfollowing everyone)and the section appeared empty while it still said I was following three accounts. Unfortunately I do not have a screenshot of that.

I am well aware of the accounts I want to receive updates from, and as you can see, I have a fairly small amount of people I am following and it's pretty easy to keep account of my interests.

I am getting pretty tired of blocking accounts every week or so, is there any fix for this issue?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Bizarre indeed - can you give a link to your main page? I searched for Meandoz but got nothing.
Cheers
D
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles - there was a bug causing for tracks to appear on some users' Stream although they weren't following the user who had reposted the tracks. The bug has now been fixed, and I've made sure your Stream is sorted out, @meandoz.

Thanks for reaching out to the Help Community, and thanks for hanging in there!

Cheers
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

Thank you so much for your help, it's all sorted now! One more little bug left, I'm actually following 15 people and the stats on my profile page are pointing out that i am following 20. This doesn't bother me so much, I just thought I should let you know.

I appreciate your help, have a great week!
Costin
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Mathis,

Thank you so much for your help, it's all sorted now! One more little bug left, I'm actually following 15 people and the stats on my profile page are pointing out that i am following 20. This doesn't bother me so much, I just thought I should let you know.

I appreciate your help, have a great week!
Costin

Hi again,

Glad to hear this could be sorted. The follower count being off is a nasty bug, our engineers are aware and keep looking into options to improve this, but it's not as easy to fix as hoped. I've manually triggered for your followers to be recalculated from our back end now - please allow up to 24 hours for this to process.

All the best to you,
Mathis
Hello again, Mathis.

Everything is sorted out now. I realise it's a hard task optimizing and debugging the back end of your platform, and I would like to give kudos to your engineers and support team for taking care of this problem so quickly even though I do not have a Pro account.

All the best,
Costin
Yo, Soundcloud retards. FIX IT AGAIN. Same issue, as well as me having to refollow every single person in my following list. Despite being in the "following" section LITERALLY EVERY ONE needs to be refollowed individually. Plus now on Browser it simply does not load, saying I need to download the app for the "full experience" despite the hysterical fact that as it is you genuinely get nothing more than looking at the cover art! Imagine that, a music streaming service that does not stream music. Good ol' Soundcloud!
And OP, do not thank these people for doing the job that should've been done properly in the first fucking place