Question

Help with my Profile URL?

• 2 November 2016
  • 1 reply

The other day I changed my profile URL from "soundcloud.com/[my real name]" to "soundcloud.com/kaze_03". Whenever I search my real name in Google, a result pops up, saying "[My real name] | Free Listening on SoundCloud, even though I changed my Profile URL. When I click on it, sure enough, it took me to my old URL, which no longer exists, so the page reads: "Oh no! We can't find that user!" Does anyone have any idea why my old SoundCloud URL is still coming up, and if there is a way to remove it?
It's getting really annoying when I search my name in Google and a SoundCloud page that doesn't exist anymore comes up in the search results. And yes, if you're wondering how my name comes up on Google search, and me only, my name is unique enough that I'm 99.9% sure that no one else in the world has it. That is what allows everything with my name on it to appear at the top of Google search results.

Thanks in advance,
kaze03

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi kaze03,

Unfortunately, SoundCloud cannot control Google's search indexing, however you can help them with this process by using one of their own tools to let them know your SoundCloud URL has changed (or any other URL you might own / update): https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url?pli=1

Cheers
Mathis