Question

Hit 2000 Following Part 2

Userlevel 1
I already requested assistance today and my post has been marked as "Solved" and my reply to your "Official Rep" who I found to be quite patronising and condescending in all honesty has not responded to y satisfaction.... Here is the link for my first request for assistance in this matter..

https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/hit-2000-following?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings...

What i don't get is you can follow and unfollow people on twitter and other sites.... why is it not possible here... This restriction is unjust and please don't send me links to your community pages again because i have read them.... All i want to do is bring my following to under 2000 and have the choice to follow new artists of my choice up to your limit of 2000.....

Also some people don't upload anything and i may want to unfollow them and make room for someone else to follow.. Its quite simple

13 replies

Ok I'll bite. Andrea Pavlou are you generating income off of you downloads? If so, are you paying the artists their royalty fees on their work? Have you licensed their work? Are you using their work as inventory to sell your site to third party advertises? Why haven't you established your own site?
Userlevel 1
Ok I'll bite. Andrea Pavlou are you generating income off of you downloads? If so, are you paying the artists their royalty fees on their work? Have you licensed their work? Are you using their work as inventory to sell your site to third party advertises? Why haven't you established your own site?
Answering your question Scott as you've had a nibble..

Am I generating income off of you downloads - no
Am I paying the artists their royalty fees on their work? - Not applicable
Am I using their work as inventory to sell your site to third party advertises? Definitely not
Why haven't you established your own site - I don't have the need to establish my own site

In short, I support the DJs Artists, Vocalists that make the music by my sharing onto social media and reposting and liking on Soundcloud

I'm not a spammer
Scott Shirey - Are Soundcloud paying the artists for their work, as Mixcloud do?
Who mentioned mixcloud and what do they have to do with anything?. You mean the Mixcloud that restricts its users from downloading audio content from its website for licensing reasons? You mean that mixcloud? The mixcloud that you can't download from so you leark here in sound cloud? So what? You planning on dictating to Sound cloud what they can and can't do? What are you a musician? Do you play any instrument or a number of instruments as I do? Do you compose original material? No you chew-up bandwidth with a site of downloads.

Andrea in your own words-This is causing me a great issue as its connected to the PR work that I do. So which is it? You doing it because you just lovvveeessss you some music? Or what?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Andrea, all community members here & involved on the preceding post,

We're happy to see an active conversation with varying perspectives. This makes for a healthy discussion and therefore an engaging forum.

I feel it necessary at this point to first apologise to Andrea for getting this conversation off on the wrong foot on your previous post. The tone did not come off friendly and that's not cool since a healthy discussion should first off and foremost show mutual respect. Sorry Andrea!

As you have already read in our help center article, the overall following limit of 2000 is a measure designed to reduce stability issues related to following a large number of accounts. This is not something personal to your account, but applies to all accounts. After following up with our engineers, I'm afraid this isn't something that's up for a change at this time.

However, if you unfollow a number of users to get under the 2000 limit, you can follow other users again. Was this not working for you? If so, can you let me know if you saw an error message (and, if possible, can you take a screenshot and send it over)?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi Matthias,

Thank you for your reply and also for the apology.. It is accepted.

When I unfollow users to bring to under 2000 I am getting an error message. I am attaching a screen shot as requested... I would appreciate your assistance to resolve this issue and then I'm happy.....

Many thanks
Andrea

I a

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Matthias,

When I unfollow users to bring to under 2000 I am getting an error message. I am attaching a screen shot as requested... I would appreciate your assistance to resolve this issue and then I'm happy.....

Many thanks
Andrea

I a

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for getting back to me - glad to hear you're accepting my apology 🙂 So I've looked into this and tried to reproduce the issue, yet couldn't quite get there yet. Can you let me know one of the users you'd be willing to unfollow so I can run further investigations from my end for you?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
Hi Matthias,

Many thanks
Andrea

I a

Thank you Matthias.. Lets try unfollowing this one..

https://soundcloud.com/electrodeofficial
Userlevel 1
Mattias have you made any progress with this please..thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Andrea,

Jup, I have indeed 🙂 I've run further tests around this and was actually able to make your account unfollow the user you suggested. I then went ahead and followed my own test account, "mathisc", which also worked fine, and finally unfollowed my account again. So, bottom line, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue that you seem to be experiencing, but that's essentially a good thing.

You should be able to unfollow users properly now, in order to tidy up your list of followings. If you're still seeing the same issue as before, I would like to ask you to try the steps outlined in our "basic troubleshooting" post here. Namely, clearing your cache & cookies, restarting your browser and/ or trying a different browser, updating Flash player on your browser / system, and making sure there are no add ons or extensions running in your browser that might prevent this feature from working properly.

Can you try the feature & the steps if necessary to see if this is now working for you again, please?

Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
It all seems to be working fine now.. Thank you for your assistance
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
That's great to hear, thanks for following up!

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 1
the big majority of social networks works completely fine without any following limit. i beg you to remove that stupid limit!!!