Answered

How can I prevent that other user's can see if I listened to their files?

• 18 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi, this is a matter of security that I can't find in the settings of my account and I'm pretty confused that there's apparently no free choice to adjust this option.

I figured out that other users can track when I listened to their uploaded files. Is there a way to hide this information?
icon

Best answer by Fake Activity Detector 18 April 2019, 11:01

Just listen while you are signed out of your profile.

Also, only Pro users get detailed listings of who has listened to them. Regular users only see one "top" listener.
View original

2 replies

Thanks, I know that this is only available for Pro users, however that doesn't make it anyhow better. I don't see the solution in logging out every single time when I listen to files, as I like to comment, share, favorite them, too - that's the idea of Soundcloud is it.

Not being able to turn off this tracking is a pretty hard encroachment in privacy, in my opinion. And I wished there was at least the possibility to decide by users themselves if they agree to share what they are doing with others or not.
Just listen while you are signed out of your profile.

Also, only Pro users get detailed listings of who has listened to them. Regular users only see one "top" listener.