Answered

How can I whitelist Submithub? (UMG accidentally blocked my whole account from 3rd party APIs)

• 2 March 2017
  • 3 replies

How can I whitelist Submithub? (UMG accidentally blocked my whole account from 3rd party APIs)

I'm trying to submit my songs to Submithub and I get this error:
“Sorry, but we can't load this song. Possible reasons include:
Song is private and you don't have the private key in your URL,
App streaming for song disabled on SoundCloud,
Artist is associated with Universal Music or anther major label or
You've pasted the wrong link or a full /set/“

I found this on Submithub's help page:
“Sometimes, in an effort to monetize this content, these labels (particularly Universal Music Group) have blocked 3rd party websites such as SubmitHub from using SoundCloud's API. More often than not, and for the sake of making their lives easy, they opt to block the entire account, and not just specific songs. So, even though your new song may have no affiliation with a major label, if an older track on your account did, it may mean *everything* is blocked.

In order to unblock your song, you'll need to ask the right's holder to email SoundCloud (help@soundcloud.com) and ask them to "whitelist" SubmitHub for your account. Otherwise, feel free to upload using YouTube. (If you're unsure who your rights holder is, you can ask at that email address).”

SO... I then emailed help@soundcloud.com, and they sent me an automated response that suggested I submit a question through a "contact form"... which I also can't find anywhere...

Any and all help is appreciated -- trying to resolve this ASAP so I can finally continue my urgent PR push.

Thanks everyone!
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 2 March 2017, 11:30

In order to unblock your song, you'll need to ask the right's holder to email SoundCloud (help@soundcloud.com) and ask them to "whitelist" SubmitHub for your account. Otherwise, feel free to upload using YouTube. (If you're unsure who your rights holder is, you can ask at that email address).”

The problem with situations like this that the rights holder/ rights manager are going to be a label or distributor, not the original artist. Have you released tracks through different labels? If so, you'll need to be contacting them to sort this out.
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The problem with situations like this that the rights holder/ rights manager are going to be a label or distributor, not the original artist. Have you released tracks through different labels? If so, you'll need to be contacting them to sort this out.
No, I've only released one song with a label, and it's not even hosted on my account, it's hosted on /seanglass account. Everything hosted on my account is 100% my own, with no affiliation to labels.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
No, I've only released one song with a label,
iTunes is listing more. https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/jay-xero/id1068216034 . I hope you knew about all these.!
Have you checked yet with all your contacts involved with these different tracks as to who might be acting as if they own your entire output.
https://twitter.com/SCsupport is another option for contacting. The various contact forms I'm aware of don't cover your query.