Question

How to Create a New Acoount with the same email?

• 1 April 2015
  • 5 replies

As many of us musicians we have different projects with diferrent target groups.
As we don't want to post all our stuff on the same profile we need different profiles.
Could find how to open a new one.
Thanks in advance 🙂

Btw: From "setting" I get nowhere from "account", "connection" and "privacy"!
Are these only for pro's or is this problem temporary?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi there,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately you can only set up 1 profile registered to one email address. If you have multiple alias's that you produce under then it would be a case of have a separate email for each to create a separate profile for each. One other work around would be to create playlists for each style or genre to keep things grouped together..so maybe an acoustic playlist, a live performance playlist etc etc (yes, I did have a quick look at your profile so I could try & make relevant genre playlist suggestions! lol!)

Regarding your question about some of the options within "settings", account, connection & privacy should be accessible to you although they should open up a new browser tab (well, I use the chrome browser & hats what happens for myself when I selecting those options, and I'm currently a free user, maybe your browser? difficult to say at this point) , from there you can change your password, delete your account, upgrade your account etc etc, unfortunately no options for setting up additional profiles though, in case that is what you were looking for...but they are available to anyone, not just pro accounts & above.

I hope that helps but if you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Thanks a lot for the answer:
So it is a problem of my country (Turkey), and even if i upgrade i won't be able to have this option.

Can you name me a few country names from where this is possible?
Then I'm between playing with my DSN settings, and getting a new email.

Sunshine from Istanbul
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
So it is a problem of my country (Turkey), and even if i upgrade i won't be able to have this option.

Sunshine from Istanbul

Hi there,

We have a conversation on the topic of "SoundCloud in Turkey" going here. This should help you get to know some context around this.

However, let's make sure your questions don't get mixed up here.

Having multiple accounts with one email address is never possible, regardless of your location of whether or not you have a subscription.

However, if you come across certain restrictions, such as when you're trying to navigate from one page to another, this can be due to your location.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

Sunshine from Istanbul

Thanks, question fully answered 🙂
Hi there,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

I can certainly understand where you are coming from. Unfortunately you can only set up 1 profile registered to one email address.

I hope that helps but if you have any further queries or questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P

So what about if we have deleted account and create a new one but need to use the same email address? I tried to add my old email address as a secondary account to my new one but it says that it is still 'in use'. They should have given us a warning that we will not be able to use the same email address if we delete the account!