Question

I can't find my own name in the suggestions while searching for it on soundcloud even though URL is the same as my name

• 13 February 2016
  • 1 reply

My account name is Eddy Khoury, and whenever people search for me they find another Eddy Khoury with the same name in the suggestions even though he has less followers, reposts, playlists... than I do. So I made sure that my URL name is the same as his, to solve the problem. So I made my URL name eddy-khoury1, (his is eddy-khoury2) but still when I search for my name, only his name appears in the suggestions.
Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, yours was the 2nd account that showed up when I searched for it.

Please review this article on our help center for further details on our search engine.

If, however, you were referring to the drop down menu that appears as soon as you start typing in the search bar, then this one works a little differently from the normal search results that appear after you hit "enter." Instead of actually searching for the term that you are typing, the drop down menu is a "fuzzy suggester," which looks at the most common search terms and matches them with some of our most popular accounts and sounds. It also tries to anticipate possible typos. Since it can only suggest 5 possible results, the sound or account you're looking for may not immediately appear.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis