Question

I can't sign in to my account on my phone

When I use my phone (Lg g3) to try to sign into Sound Cloud all I get is an error. Please help because I want to primarily use Sound Cloud on my phone 😨

60 replies

I already deleted the Cache and Data, uninstalled the App, rebootet Phone and downloaded it again.
Still Error
Also changing my password didn _t help.
I can login on my Phone by using any Webbrowser, so it must be a failure in the App.

I did the same and it just wont go away
Hi there,

Can you take a screenshot of the error message? Also, are you constantly signed in to your account on your computer, or can you sign in on basically, any other device except for your phone? This would be the first thing I'd like to ask you to check - open a new browser window (if you're still logged in on your computer's web browser, make sure to try a different browser or a private / incognito window of your browser of choice) and try to log in.

If it is working there, it should on your phone as well.

Or, are you typically logging in via our Facebook or Google+ integration? If that's the case, it could be that the phone cannot read this info properly. To get this working, sign out of any Google+ & FB account on your phone, then restart the SoundCloud app and try again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

I have the same problem on my lg aristo 2 it wasnt connecting to the internet so i re installed it and it just wouldnt let me login

Fix found (sort of).
I had this issue on my Samsung galaxy s2, galaxy Tab S2, and later on my s8 (as soon as I installed the app).
I couldn't log onto the app with my email or through Google. I even changed my password and nothing happened. I still got the same error.

If you access soundcloud through Firefox android browser, using desktop view you can then log in. From here you can access your account and music. Not great but it works.

The only way I could get it to work was deleting my account, and creating a new one on the same email. I was then able to log on to the app. It is a problem with specific accounts, and may have something to do with Samsung. I suspect a registry of logins for the app has been corrupted somewhere (somehow).

Try: requesting a password change - And actually changing the password (not to the original one you thought you had set). It might be that resetting the password to the same thing does not fix the issue. Didn't test this dod (only thought of it now). Let me know if this works please.

Thanks and sorry I couldn't be more useful 😞.
I have the exact same problem...
Same problem in mobile app on Meizu m3s.
Developers please!
Two years later, same issue. Both on Marshall London and Xperia X. Seriously if you're reading this and don't have too much music on soundcloud. Find another service, it isn't worth the struggle, and it isn't correct to support this shit. Two years later and a frequently occurring issue is still unsolved.
same old problem 2 years later still not fixed or acknowledged. cheers soundcloud...
This issue is because of the CAPCHA. Change your IP and you should be able to sign in. (i.e. toggle WiFi or use a VPN).
[quote=whatisusername]Same issue here, i was forced to reinstall SoundCloud app and now i can not log in.
Neither mobile network nor several wifi's helped me to connect. I can login from PC without any problems.
Android 8.0.0, SoundCloud 2018.04.06-release.
Guys, please, fix this.

Check my previouse comment i tried something and it work
Same issue here, i was forced to reinstall SoundCloud app and now i can not log in.
Neither mobile network nor several wifi's helped me to connect. I can login from PC without any problems.
Android 8.0.0, SoundCloud 2018.04.06-release.
Guys, please, fix this.
Cool, worked thanks searched for free vpn and used from the list.)), but waiting soundcloud to fix the issue as its a temporary solution, as if I accidentally sign out I have use vpn again, which I think not the correct way to use soundcloud
app .
Thanks again.
Hi Lamiae,
Could you please write any details that you tried, are there any free solutions as I want to just use it for soundcloud ?
Thanks.
Guys i was having same problem last night so i got a way that may help u
Just try it and i hope it will work with u
U dont have to uninstall the app just all what u need is VPN. Swich on ur VPN and then try to signe in on sound clound it should work
Note: u will not need the VPN after its just to log in
I've the same issue galaxy s7 edge 2018 April 2, also can't sign in with facebook.
I have same issue im using samsung A7 2017
I cant login to app but im able to login from pc.
And for info im not using fb or google account.
Im using my yahoo id

Hi there,

It's March 2018 and I was getting an error message when logging into my account with my correct e-mail and password on my Android app. At the same time I was getting this error, I was able to sign in on my computer using the same credentials. I solved my problem by deleting the cache and data for SoundCloud from my Android device, uninstalling the Soundcloud app, and reinstalling the app to my Android device from the Google Play store. I happened to reinstall over wifi and sign in over wifi, and the device is a Samsung Galaxy S5.
I also cant use the reset password in the app.
I have the same problem as everyone else on my kindle fire. I have a FREE account. And CAN sign in on a web browser.
I'm having to same problems with my Samsung J 5 (6).
I can't login my account through my mobile app anytime I try to login I get error
I solved this issue by changing from my Wifi to my 4g network. The Soundcloud authentication server is probably black listed by some ISPs.
I managed to get this working by changing my password twice. It failed on the first password change but worked on the second. I used the same details both times and made sure I was typing exactly as I should be. Seems like the password system needed a bit of gentle persuasion to start working properly.
When I use my phone (Lg g3) to try to sign into Sound Cloud all I get is an error. Please help because I want to primarily use Sound Cloud on my phone D:

So I think I know how to fix the problem, I just did it right now. So go to forgot password when signing in. Create new password. Then it will ask, if on iPhone, you will want your password updated just fir the one SoundCloud website or all of them. What ever all of them means, I don't know. But all you have to do is press update all, I did and it worked. Hopefully this helps, I was freaking out too, thinking I wasn't going to be able to listen on SoundCloud on my phone anymore.
Hi there,

Can you take a screenshot of the error message? Also, are you constantly signed in to your account on your computer, or can you sign in on basically, any other device except for your phone? This would be the first thing I'd like to ask you to check - open a new browser window (if you're still logged in on your computer's web browser, make sure to try a different browser or a private / incognito window of your browser of choice) and try to log in.

Or, are you typically logging in via our Facebook or Google+ integration? If that's the case, it could be that the phone cannot read this info properly. To get this working, sign out of any Google+ & FB account on your phone, then restart the SoundCloud app and try again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

I made an account on my phone and whenever i want to edit my profile it will say i have to log onto a computer. It would not let me log on from the computer i used the right email address and password. So i said screw it and made another account the computer. Then it would not let me log on to that one on my phone!! Why i am so angry !! Help me i keep looking stuff up on the internet to fix it nothing is working.
Hi there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis

on the soundcloud app, can anyone find a way to be able to sign in with google too? This is because i am trying to sign in with my google on my kindle tablet and there is no option for google accounts..