Question

I changed my profile name and URL. The old profile didn't delete and still exists (same log-in as current profile). How do I get rid of it?

• 29 November 2015
  • 6 replies

I changed the URL and name of my soundcloud (without changing the log-in details as I sign in through facebook) however the old account URL and profile still exists. How do I delete the old profile?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Derin,

Just simply change the url of your new page. To do this, go to your profile and click on the "edit" button to the right of the page. There, you'll see the option to change your url to whatever you want. When this link is updated, the old link will no longer exist until someone else takes it.

All the best,
Andrew (Alias AM)
Hi Alias

I already changed my URL and profile name. It is already different to what it was before however the old URL and name still exists as a different profile.

How do I keep my current URL/name/page but delete the old one. I have no means of signing into the old one since when I sign in through Facebook it takes me to my current profile and not the old one.

I hope that makes sense

Derin
Userlevel 3
Hmm I'm just a bit confused. Did you create a new account? Or did you just simply change the name of the same account? And also, how are you finding the old page? Google search or address bar?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Alias

I already changed my URL and profile name. It is already different to what it was before however the old URL and name still exists as a different profile.

How do I keep my current URL/name/page but delete the old one. I have no means of signing into the old one since when I sign in through Facebook it takes me to my current profile and not the old one.

I hope that makes sense

Derin

Hi Derin,

If the old URL still exists, then this means you have accidentally created a second account. Please start here to see is this is something you can sort out from your end (the way I see it, you'll need to access both of your accounts in order to delete one of them and move forward with the other one).

If you cannot figure it out, you will be able to reach out to our Account Access team through the help pages. Since this processes might involve the collection of personal data, this is the best way to move forward with your particular issue.

Hope this helps and you can soon focus on the creative part again :-)

Cheers
Mathis
I only changed the name and URL.. It then created anothet page. I didn't realise this till recently.
Hmm I'm just a bit confused. Did you create a new account? Or did you just simply change the name of the same account? And also, how are you finding the old page? Google search or address bar?
I found the old page on the "following" list of someone who follows me. The person follows my current account and the "old" one