Answered

I'd like to edit my own track on my own page from my own label, but Soundcloud decided otherwise

I recently decided to replace some of the previews of the releases on my label with the full version of the tracks, as they have been out for quite some time now.
However, when I go to the track's page, the option to edit / delete it is greyed out, and under the track, a new sentence that says :
"This track cannot be edited or deleted, as it is managed directly by its rightsholder."

Now, this is my track, on my label, on my label's account page. What's worse, the A side of the same release is fine and I can edit it ?!

This makes absolutely no sense, especially considering how much we pay each month for this "service".

Please Soundcloud, I would really like the chance to edit my own tracks on my own label without having to browse your forums and request help each time. I don't think this is too much to ask ?

Thank you ?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 5 April 2016, 14:46

Hey there,

Thanks for writing to us about this and apologies about any confusion caused around this.

The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks is because they have been automatically uploaded to your account by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted.

For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly.

Thanks,
Mathis

P.S.: If they seem to be confused about the situation as well, please have them reach out to their respective account manager at SoundCloud, who will be able to assist with this most efficiently.
View original

18 replies

Same here mate !
got my own label, my own track but can't edit it
Absolutely brilliant system ! I am certainly NOT renewing my subscription. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone 🙂
this is quite frustrating... knowing that you can't control your own music
Same here. Is your track monetized?
Same here. Is your track monetized?
Hi. No, none of the tracks are monetized. Soundcloud says i CAN monetize them, however. Which makes the whole situation even more ridiculous ! I can monetize tracks but cannot edit them ? MY tracks ? Hahaha.
Hey SoundCloud ! Any input, insight, answer, interest in solving this ?
I have contacted my distributor, who seem confused about this issue as well. i need to be able to delete my own tracks on my own page. I don't think this is too much to ask ?
Could you please stop spamming me with emails about your new "service" and take care of this concerning and ridiculous issue ??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for writing to us about this and apologies about any confusion caused around this.

The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks is because they have been automatically uploaded to your account by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted.

For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly.

Thanks,
Mathis

P.S.: If they seem to be confused about the situation as well, please have them reach out to their respective account manager at SoundCloud, who will be able to assist with this most efficiently.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey SoundCloud ! Any input, insight, answer, interest in solving this ?
I have contacted my distributor, who seem confused about this issue as well. i need to be able to delete my own tracks on my own page. I don't think this is too much to ask ?
Could you please stop spamming me with emails about your new "service" and take care of this concerning and ridiculous issue ??

@SecretMusikUK, in your case, your distributor should reach out to their account manager at SoundCloud.
Thank you for replying ! I appreciate your help but I am the label owner, and I uploaded the tracks before they were out on my label. So your answer is irrelevant and doesn't apply to me. I am the label, I am the artist, this is my track and I'd like to delete it . I would have thought this was clear and made sense.
So let me ask again, is there any way to delete my own track , on my own label ?
Thank you
Same here, track was uploaded by me not my distributor.
Hey there,

Thanks,
Mathis

Hi.
Any news on how I can delete my own track, uploaded by me on my label, on my label's Soundcloud page ?
Same here, track was uploaded by me not my distributor.
Yep, uploaded by me on my page before it came out, on my own page. Not having control of one's music on one's own page is definitely the most frustrating experience with music online services. The answers provided are also so far from solving the issue. It would be nice to be able to actually talk to someone about this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone,
If you are a creator who is a Premier Partner of our On SoundCloud program through a label or digital distributor, you may notice that additional tracks are now included on your account. These tracks have been added to your account by your rightsholder, label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to these tracks, the ability to edit has been restricted. You still have full control of your comments and messages and artwork on all your tracks. You also have full control over your profile information, including header image, avatar, description and social link.

It may be that you are a Premier Partner via a digital aggregator such as; RouteNote, Symphonic Distribution, Beatstars, FullScreen, Maker Studios, Studio71, Repost Network, Omnia Media or AEI Media.

So, for more information about this, please contact your rightsholder, label or distributor directly.
Hi everyone,
If you are a creator who is a Premier Partner of our On SoundCloud program through a label or digital distributor, you may notice that additional tracks are now included on your account. These tracks have been added to your account by your rightsholder, label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to these tracks, the ability to edit has been restricted. You still have full control of your comments and messages and artwork on all your tracks. You also have full control over your profile information, including header image, avatar, description and social link.

It may be that you are a Premier Partner via a digital aggregator such as; RouteNote, Symphonic Distribution, Beatstars, FullScreen, Maker Studios, Studio71, Repost Network, Omnia Media or AEI Media.

So, for more information about this, please contact your rightsholder, label or distributor directly.

"These tracks have been added to your account by your rightsholder, label or distributor. "

No, they have NOT.

The tracks I am talking about have been uploaded by ME, and NOT by my distributor. In fact, it's not even the full track, just a snippet, which is exactly why i need to delete them.

I wrote the track. I uploaded a snippet of it on my label's page, that i own and run. That snippet is out of date and I'd like to delete it.

Can you help me ?

Please could you direct me to someone who will understand this very simple statement :

- i am the creator of the track, i uploaded it on my account, and i'd like to delete it.

it is not the full track. it is not uploaded by a distributor.
it is written by me, it is out on my label, on my soundcloud page.

please consider the points above carefully before another answer that has nothing to do with my issue.
Hi everyone,

Hi mate, I know it's no direct help to you but after I emailed my distributor (Routenote) it appears I have now regained control of my track - though they have not replied to me or confirmed anything either way yet 😕
Hi everyone,

Cool, thank you for the heads up !
I have emailed my distributor a few times about this, all they can say is that they cannot find the codes for those tracks. Which makes sense because they aren't the ones who have uploaded the previews, I did. In any case, I'll check it out again.
Hi everyone,

Mathis, I dont want ANYONE, even the rights-holder to upload ANYTHING to my fucking account, without me giving it the go-ahead. How is that so hard to understand? That is MY account. It baffles me that you guys have literally no clue what your user base wants or needs. Honestly, you seem to go out of your way to make this service worse than it already is. How else can I explain this to you, this is the page that I manage, nobody else, I pay money for this account. I do not want anyone else, besides me, to have the right to upload content to my page, without me having the ability to delete it, or edit the privacy.

Jesus christ, this is painful.
This is a huge breach of trust how can soundcloud disempower Artist like this and assume control over published content its a huge fuck you to the community sort this out ....